Brembos now fitted to new models ?

They have only have £500!!!!
My concerns are regarding safety and its not my opinion, this is a proven fact that Hayes callipers leak!!
I will take it to the motoring industry ombudsman I will take it to the national news papers this shit needs fixing soon.

Regards Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you may be a customer your dealer would luv to lose if you go in with that attitude. Just buy something else if it bothers you that much.

But yes Bmw do need to fix whatever the issue is once and for all.

I am a automation engineer, we test everything to failure point then fix the problems.
I have had a BMW M4 from new in 2016 no problem
Im not a moaner just want what I’ve paid for !!!
And based on current statistics,
I did not pay for leaky callipers..

One pair of leaking calipers on one bike out of a production batch in a no no ,but it can occur .

Numerous sets (some fitted to the same bikes ) and from production runs possibly a year apart and therefore from different batches of supplied calipers by the same manufacturers (Hayes ) are an absolute f*cking disgrace.

BMW have promised owners that it was a bad batch but it has been rectified which it obviously has not , Just in Time Manufacturing will mean that neither BMW nor Hayes will have months worth of calipers sitting in stock.

I don't give a flying f*ck that BMW have an excellent warranty system , this is a safety related issue as no vehicle on the road should have a brake fluid seepage , leakage issue or whatever you want to call it . A ten year old vehicle would fail it's MOT for a brake fluid leak , never mind a vehicle just off the production line .

I didn't change my 1200 for a 1250 this year because of this and other known issues and having been a BMW Beta tester in the past I would not care to go through that sh*t again.

Personally if I was picking up a new bike and it had from new or as in many cases quickly developed a brake fluid leak from defective calipers I would reject it on safety reasons , good leverage for them swapping to Brembo calipers or supplying you with a replacement vehicle from a new production batch fitted with them at the factory

I am a automation engineer, we test everything to failure point then fix the problems.

Ok just cancel the order and buy a fucking KTM then ffs.

You do realise that ‘automation’ is not the same as ‘automotive’ ? Sure you are an actual ‘engineer’?

Plenty of folk have no issues with the Hayes calipers and some seem to find them better than the Brembos fitted previously.

Yes I make machines work.....
Mechatronics mechanical and electronics..........

Booked my 1250 Exclusive in for it's 600 mile first service. Was told the callipers were leaking and needed new pistons and seals.
I mentioned to it was sluggish sometimes turning over when hot apparently a couple of weeks ago BMW advised any turning over issues replace battery with the 1200 one same size etc just got more umph.
I don't particularly like the Hayes calipers just don't feel as progressive when braking had no issues with the brembos on all my previous GS's

Booked my 1250 Exclusive in for it's 600 mile first service. Was told the callipers were leaking and needed new pistons and seals.
I mentioned to it was sluggish sometimes turning over when hot apparently a couple of weeks ago BMW advised any turning over issues replace battery with the 1200 one same size etc just got more umph.
I don't particularly like the Hayes calipers just don't feel as progressive when braking had no issues with the brembos on all my previous GS's

Mmmm i get the exact opposite feeling from them. Far superior than the Brembo offering. And yes i had a Hex twin cam GSA so i know what the Brembo’s felt like. Maybe it was because they were leaking that they didn’t feel right. If fluid can escape its replaced by air.

Not only air brake fluid is extremely hygroscopic so it will be absorbing
moisture as well, this then boils when heat is generated and the rest is science

moisture as well, this then boils when heat is generated and the rest is science

You seem to be only partially literate.. unusual for an ‘engineer’ of your estimation......

What happens to the boiled water when the brake lever is pulled?

I know this, however my calipers don’t as yet leak.

giphy.gif

I doubt a brake fluid leak would go untouched or unseen for long enough for hygroscopic absorption to take real effect. Even race fluid which is vastly more hygroscopic than oem stuff takes a while. Bear in mind that there is air in the m/c res in constant contact with the fluid.

Of course, it could just be that Hayes have run out of calipers so BMW have bought M4's from Brembo to keep the production line running :augie

Oh No there's not. A diaphragm keeps the two separate.

Wrong . Most if not all have at least 1 air hole in them to allow air to escape as you insert it. Otherwise it would trap air below it as you push it into the res.

One pair of leaking calipers on one bike out of a production batch in a no no ,but it can occur .

Numerous sets (some fitted to the same bikes ) and from production runs possibly a year apart and therefore from different batches of supplied calipers by the same manufacturers (Hayes ) are an absolute f*cking disgrace.

BMW have promised owners that it was a bad batch but it has been rectified which it obviously has not , Just in Time Manufacturing will mean that neither BMW nor Hayes will have months worth of calipers sitting in stock.

I don't give a flying f*ck that BMW have an excellent warranty system , this is a safety related issue as no vehicle on the road should have a brake fluid seepage , leakage issue or whatever you want to call it . A ten year old vehicle would fail it's MOT for a brake fluid leak , never mind a vehicle just off the production line .

I didn't change my 1200 for a 1250 this year because of this and other known issues and having been a BMW Beta tester in the past I would not care to go through that sh*t again.

Personally if I was picking up a new bike and it had from new or as in many cases quickly developed a brake fluid leak from defective calipers I would reject it on safety reasons , good leverage for them swapping to Brembo calipers or supplying you with a replacement vehicle from a new production batch fitted with them at the factory

+1 and if this is the acceptable standard for the safety equipment, just think what the rest of the bits are like! but we know this already with all the other faults they suffer! we pay way over the odds for these things, and BMW just keep on taking the piss out of us reducing the quality lower and lower!

I will take it to the motoring industry ombudsman I will take it to the national news papers this shit needs fixing soon.

Regards Neil

:jes:jes:jes

Back
Top Bottom