Brembos now fitted to new models ?

.. i have had 2 1250gs' due to engine related issues and neither bike had brake problems

(You couldn't make this up ..!!)

So what was wrong with your first 1250 ??

:thumby:

We are into 9 pages now regarding a problem that has bothered a minor number of bikes.
And, not surprising, it turns into the usual rant about lowering quality.

The mantra is that the older bikes where better built.

I do agree that the old BMW's where quality bikes. But we tend to forget that they were more expensive as well.
My very first BMW bike did cost an average worker 1,5 years of wages, while now a new BMW GS costs 0,6 years of wages. BMW charged the same price for the 1250 as they did for the 1200 from the year before.

BMW cuts costs to accommodate the customers. If we where willing to pay for the 'old times' quality I feel confident that BMW would be more than happy to build them and sell them. But as many customers are reluctant to even pay the price for a descent oilfilter, I don't think this will ever happen.

That said, even with all the whining around, I find my current 1250GSA to be the best BMW I've owned up until now. And I share this experience with several of my friends.

yes the old ones were pecieved to be high quality but compared to what? the last of british bikes? i think the japanese raised the game more than anyone.

(You couldn't make this up ..!!)

So what was wrong with your first 1250 ??

:thumby:

well documented in another thread, but in short, it was making a loud tapping noise.
Instead of accepting a new engine my local dealer was brilliant. Rejected the bike, put me on a courtesy bike and got me a brand new bike ordered. Cant complaint at the service received.

well documented in another thread, but in short, it was making a loud tapping noise.
Instead of accepting a new engine my local dealer was brilliant. Rejected the bike, put me on a courtesy bike and got me a brand new bike ordered. Cant complaint at the service received.

Ah ok, aware of the other thread ... :thumb2

Rok Bagoros is a pretty shit hot stunter and rides KTM (you know, that manufacturer that uses the infinitley more superior Brembo braking set up)...........

Anyway, here's a (pretty crap) vid of his special stunt bike being built but it's worth checking out at 5 seconds on for a glimpse into why he doesn't feel the need for brakes in his stunts :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ItZbCAJdzu4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

Back
Top Bottom