Apple air pods

ninjarich1971

Reaction score
As per the title, was just wondering whether any of our respected clientele actually owned a pair and what they think of them. Not for biking, just general use gardening etc. I know they are expensive etc, was just wanting to know if anyone had parted with their hard earned and what they actually think of them. Sorely tempted by the AirPod pro to replace my aging Bose noise cancelling headphones. They weren’t cheap at £400 but have been top notch quality wise. Any reviews greatly appreciated, cheers

Just looked at the price of airpods
I use on ear Bose NC headphones at home but £50 ‘airpods’ from amazon whilst out and about and they’re pretty good - can’t see how apple pods would be an improvement on my cheaper ones.

I have some AirPods and am happy with them. They work well in conjunction with my iPhone and despite initial fears don't fall out. I've used them in the gym but mainly use them walking. When making phone calls the reception is clear and interference free.. I tend to use them at near to top of the volume range

I must say that if I was to buy some new ones I would opt for the noise reduction models as the non-noise-reduction aren't much use whilst flying or when used in a noisy environment. I've recently got some Sennheisser noise reduction on-ear phones for travelling purposes and these are much better (but obviously not as convenient to carry with you)

I have friends who have bought the cheaper versions from the likes of amazon and they report that they are happy with them

As per the title, was just wondering whether any of our respected clientele actually owned a pair and what they think of them.

Since they came out on the market I berated anyone who had them, and making fun of anyone who wasted that much money on them.

Then, years later, I got a pair as a gift from a friend.
I want them implanted directly in my cerebral cortex now.

semi-serious:
They work flawlessly. I used them daily of a number of different devices and switching is easy. It's the first time in many years since I actually enjoyed and appreciated so much a product from Apple. I think the last one I felt this way was the original iPod or iPhone.
My (wired) pods would fall out of my ears. With these ones that doesn't happen.

Sound quality is pretty good (I use Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 at work everyday).

I tried the Pro once and the various modes of noise cancelling or pass-through are incredibly good. Also, I didn't get the sense of "ear pressure" I normally get with other noise cancelling cans.

I have some AirPods and am happy with them. They work well in conjunction with my iPhone and despite initial fears don't fall out. I've used them in the gym but mainly use them walking. When making phone calls the reception is clear and interference free.. I tend to use them at near to top of the volume range

I must say that if I was to buy some new ones I would opt for the noise reduction models as the non-noise-reduction aren't much use whilst flying or when used in a noisy environment. I've recently got some Sennheisser noise reduction on-ear phones for travelling purposes and these are much better (but obviously not as convenient to carry with you)

I have friends who have bought the cheaper versions from the likes of amazon and they report that they are happy with them

Pretty much sums up my experience. I too would (and probably will) buy the “pro” version with noise cancelling.

Since they came out on the market I berated anyone who had them, and making fun of anyone who wasted that much money on them.

Then, years later, I got a pair as a gift from a friend.
I want them implanted directly in my cerebral cortex now.

semi-serious:
They work flawlessly. I used them daily of a number of different devices and switching is easy. It's the first time in many years since I actually enjoyed and appreciated so much a product from Apple. I think the last one I felt this way was the original iPod or iPhone.
My (wired) pods would fall out of my ears. With these ones that doesn't happen.

Sound quality is pretty good (I use Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 at work everyday).

I tried the Pro once and the various modes of noise cancelling or pass-through are incredibly good. Also, I didn't get the sense of "ear pressure" I normally get with other noise cancelling cans.

agree totally. Love not getting caught up on wires while walking the dog and listening to how far Sarries have fallen on podcasts. Work across multiple device flawlessly battery charge time is great. Yes, I am happy they are expensive, they work..Simple.

I tend to find that no matter how well I look after my standard wired ones, the one on the right eventually gunks up and is muted. That’s why I’m reluctant to splurge the big bucks on airpods as yet.

I’ve had a pair for a year & find them good for phone calls. Compared to my Bose earphones (which were £50 cheaper), they’re totally inferior for listening to music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who found the time to reply, purchase made and quite happy with them. Quite how long before I lose them is another thing but thanks all the same.

Back
Top Bottom