And on the topic of luggage capacity...

Another technique from another forum

“Bike on the side stand and she mounts from the high side driver peg. That helps her get her leg higher more easily because she starts from a higher place. I am holding the handlebars from the left (low) side and she's grabbing my shoulder for support.

When on in the driver position she then slides back onto the pillion seat. Dismount is the reverse.

She likes to have the tail trunk on for back support so this is the best way to avoid kicking that. If mounting from the rear pegs it is quite difficult when the trunk is on.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A mates Mrs gets on his VFR like that. Seems to work for them, no idea what they'd do if the side stand broke as she simply cannot get on the bike any other way

So climbing on the bike whilst on the side stand, so all the weight is on the side stand, Hmmm not sure about that. My wife gets on, when I am on the bike and able to steady it. Anyway not an issue as I won't have pannier racks or bags. If it doesn't go in the panniers and top box, it doesn't go - simples :)

No, all the weight isn’t on the side stand. I could be mistaken (genuinely) but I believe physics dictates that a fair proportion - probably two-thirds - goes through the other two ground contact points, the tyres.

In fact, thinking about it, the tyres will surely act as fulcrums to a certain extent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pannier racks fitted on my R1250RT are for sale in the For Sale section. Bike sold - no problem with the racks!

Back
Top Bottom