Newbie from Longridge, Lancashire

ED001

Reaction score
Morning All. Got my pride and joy 850 the day after New Year’s Day and went out on it that afternoon and for a couple of weeks thereafter albeit only for short runs. It’s been locked up since then due to the freezing rain and general crap weather but although it was stormy and wet yesterday, it wasn’t so cold so I took it up to Settle and back. Had a fab run through the country lanes - some half submerged in water that came half way up my boots. Yes, I got a bit damp but had a great couple of hours and even raced along side a steam train on it’s way south towards Long Preston. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the forum/site and if anyone’s nearby and up for a ride out sometime, give me a shout. Finally, for now, check out the BikeSafe https://bikesafe.co.uk/ initiative that your local constabulary may be running. It’s costing me £65 for a full day and I’m hoping it might be fun and educational. All the best, take care, be safe and have fun. Ed.

Hello and welcome. I am in Garstang. 2011 GSA1200 and a Guzzi V85. We can plan a meet when the weather improves.

Welcome ED001.

Aah, Longridge, back in the day (when I lived in Fulwood) our crew used to ride from The Grapes at Goosnargh to a chippy in Longridge for that essential late night sustenance. I also remember when there was a racetrack at the old quarry where I started my racing “career”.

Don’t think the racetrack is still there. But the Grapes is still serving as well as two chippies - Top Chippy and Stonebridge. And they’re still doing well...

welcome to the forum enjoy Bikesafe. seems expensive at £65.00 compared to other regions. ( unless it has gone up this year) even though its superb valued a fantastic eye opener to advanced riding. Merseyside was £50 last year for 2 days

Finally, for now, check out the BikeSafe https://bikesafe.co.uk/ initiative that your local constabulary may be running. It’s costing me £65 for a full day and I’m hoping it might be fun and educational. All the best, take care, be safe and have fun. Ed.

Welcome to the Forum Ed.
Wow, the BikeSafe courses have gone up a bit, I'm sure they were only £25 last year. I notice all the Northwest courses are now £65, including Merseyside although they offer a discount code.

If I'm available, I normally help out with the assessments at the Garstang venue on behalf of the IAM, so if you are attending that course I may see you there.

Bob

just had the merseyside dates sent to me, the cost is £45 for the two day course.

Welcome to the forum from a Darwener living in Fleetwood.

If you fancy a ride out anytine, drop me a pm.

You just reminded me to book on the course myself thanks its only up the road too so no excuses :fbthumb

Back
Top Bottom