Bennett’s sold

G&T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
They are only brokers.

All they do - is act as intermediary for the actual product (the insurance cover).

It will make shag-all difference.

They are only brokers.

All they do - is act as intermediary for the actual product (the insurance cover).

agreed about the market - plenty of other brokers and companies like Hastings that sell their policies direct

I imagine as C Nash's service has gone to ratshit since they were sold by Groupama, Bennetts will go the same way after significant improvements under Saga.

Further to the above “ratshit” prediction I can confirm your prediction is correct. I traded my 2018 husky fe350 on Friday for an identical 2020 model to hit the trails on 1st of July. No accidents,claims or points in last two years so pretty straight forward one would think! Don’t be daft 18minute interrogation from a sullen female asking everything except my shoe size and despite a further two years no claims to (supposedly!) include resulted in a wallet stinging request for 30% extra to add new for remaining half year left on policy. The need for a cover note today and the further £50 cancellation cost rip off has resulted in my, very reluctant, payment of a three figure sum. The new 350 will be added to my BeMoto multi bike policy with a 701r and 1250gsa come renewal and Bennetts can _ _ c _ off and become a forgotten annoyance.

Further to the above “ratshit” prediction I can confirm your prediction is correct. I traded my 2018 husky fe350 on Friday for an identical 2020 model to hit the trails on 1st of July. No accidents,claims or points in last two years so pretty straight forward one would think! Don’t be daft 18minute interrogation from a sullen female asking everything except my shoe size and despite a further two years no claims to (supposedly!) include resulted in a wallet stinging request for 30% extra to add new for remaining half year left on policy. The need for a cover note today and the further £50 cancellation cost rip off has resulted in my, very reluctant, payment of a three figure sum. The new 350 will be added to my BeMoto multi bike policy with a 701r and 1250gsa come renewal and Bennetts can _ _ c _ off and become a forgotten annoyance.

Were the terms and conditions for adding a bike during the policy - not fixed when you took out the policy?

Always painful adding a bike mid-policy, I have found

It must be who you talk to at Bennetts. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new bike and went through the get a quote online bollocks. Bennetts were the best for the cover I wanted so insured it through them. I still had the GSA at the time so still had a policy with Bennetts on that as the new buyer hadn't paid or collected by the time I bought the new one. After payment and collection on the GSA I rang Bennetts to cancel the insurance. Whilst on the phone I mentioned I had already insured my new bike with them. I had no cancellation fee. Also during the conversation I said that I would be putting on my private plate on the new bike once all the dvla paperwork was done and I was telling them now because I didn't want to incur an admin fee. Sure enough, rang today to tell them I was changing the reg. and chap on the phone said "ah yes, I can see a note on your account here saying to waive the admin fee".
The amended policy email hit my inbox less than an hour later...........great service as far as I'm concerned.:nenau

I've just gone with Bennetts and they were considerably cheaper than the rest.

Be-Moto don't want to insure my 390 Duke. Spoke with them around 10am about putting it on my multi-bike policy with them and it seemed to tie them up in knots. Said they'd look into getting it sorted and call me back which they havent.

I've always thought them to be great but a 390 Duke causing such a problem? I've had it two years and never had any problem insuring it before and neither have friends who also have them.

Bonkers

Be-Moto don't want to insure my 390 Duke. Spoke with them around 10am about putting it on my multi-bike policy with them and it seemed to tie them up in knots. Said they'd look into getting it sorted and call me back which they havent.

I've always thought them to be great but a 390 Duke causing such a problem? I've had it two years and never had any problem insuring it before and neither have friends who also have them.

Bonkers

They are only brokers.

They are only brokers BUT they get a set price from the Insurance Company for a level of cover and risk and anything they can screw out of the punter above that price is pure profit.

If one company owns numerous brokers then it gives them a great deal of power and influence to manipulate premiums over the price quoted to them by the actual Insurance Company

They are only brokers BUT they get a set price from the Insurance Company for a level of cover and risk and anything they can screw out of the punter above that price is pure profit.

If one company owns numerous brokers then it gives them a great deal of power and influence to manipulate premiums over the price quoted to them by the actual Insurance Company

Yes, since Ardonagh took over Carole Nash they have increased the brands CN sell insurance under. I think 4 of the top 5 prices I was getting on a comparison site were just CN under a different name. 2 of these brands had stripped out the usual bundle of policies you get with CN so they could sell to those like me, looking for a basic policy without any bells & whistles of little use to me. Whilst this gave me an additional choice it does mean you have do a bit of digging if you have a particular company on your blacklist plus they manage to push rivals out of that "your top 3 prices are" who might only be a couple of quid more but have more attractive terms like a lower excess or better customer service rating.
The CN brands I recall are: Express, Carole Nash, Carole Nash Select & McKenzie Hodgson (yes, those racers). I think it was only Devitt that also appeared in the top 5.

But - they are “only” brokers, and offer no advice on the policies - there is no real expertise in them.

They cover themselves with “you should ensure that the policy meets your needs” but will never give their opinion on the suitability.

That leaves the door open for new brokers who do not charge a huge premium on the policy. - to enter the market.

All points accepted but family bike fleet extends into double figures using Aviva,Axa and BeMoto as providers of insurance. Only problem providers have been Bennetts and the much maligned CN mob. Only having a moan earlier and agreeing with earlier posters prediction. Doesn’t warrant any worries we’ve voted with our feet with the Altrincham bunch and can do same with the Bennetts , not the end of the world. If I spoiled anyone’s enjoyment of Coronation Street my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom