Repatriation cover ?

DCB401

Reaction score
Hi, my insurance is due shortly, but this time i want to have cover for a trip abroad, so i'm looking for a policy that would include bringing me and my bike back to the UK if i was unable to ride it (accident damage to myself and/or bike).
Does anyone have any recommendations please, my current insurer ( Hastings) left me so long on the phone i eventually gave up when i asked them about this.
The standard 90 day cover isn't clear at all.
Thanks.

Three different things.

Repatriation / hospital expenses of you.... you need a conventional Travel policy (see umpteen threads on the topic)

Repatriation of your bike following a breakdown... you need a Breakdown policy (see umpteen....) *

* No matter what bods on this site squawk about, not all Breakdown policies cover accidental damage. A crash, for example is not a mechanical breakdown, in exactly the same way that a mechanical breakdown is not a crash.

Repatriation of your bike, following a crash.... you need a Comprehensive Motor policy (see umpteen....)

Always read the policy to make sure it does what YOU want it to do.

Some Motor policies are bundled together into one jacket, the Motor bit, the Breakdown bit and the Travel bit. But, by and large, they are all very separate from each other. The broker just flogs them as one thing to their happy customers.

ADAC
vehicle repatriation & medical repatriation if necessary.

But that’s just you, Tim, not the bike. Other cover is needed for the bike to be repatriated, also usually subject to some calculation of cost of repatriation vs value of the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that’s just you, Tim, not the bike. Other cover is needed for the bike to be repatriated, also usually subject to some calculation of cost of repatriation vs value of the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I immediately deleted my post as it wasn't a specific answer to the original question but my insurance repatriates both myself and the bike regardless whether I was injured on the bike or off it.
I asked for this specifically and it wasn't expensive, will check the policy again and post the contact details.

Thanks Tim, be good to have it in one place - we have travel insurance and rescue for us, but bikes are a bit of a hotch potch depending on which breakdown/rescue and bike insurance applies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom