Complete Akra system.

leasky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
N.E Scotland / Middle of the sand pit....
I was able to get my grubby little paws on a set of titanium Akra headers over the festive period and got them fitted to the XR last weekend (she already had the Akra can).

Very pleased with the result and other than the amazing sound and lovely popping on the over-run, I have noticed a marked reduction in the vibrations through the bars and the pegs. I am unsure why this is - perhaps a reduction in weight (the Cat was a big, heavy hellish looking thing) or the reduction in points of fixing / contact with the bike.

She is running on stock ECU at this time and seems to be doing fine but I will probably play safe and get a tune / rolling road done in spring before I start getting more miles on her.

Very happy camper :D

Best thing I did to my XR. :thumb

My mate that rides behind me said it sounded like an F1 car on full chat!

That is certainly music to my ears Nutty.

Can you tell me if you had her tuned after doing the work or has the ECU managed the change ok?

Yep, I had it tuned. When the system came off, the bike ran like a dog, and needed to be redone with the original system on though.

Bike booked into Bob Scott for a week on Monday to allow him to work his magic on her. :thumb

Spent a little bit of time with him on the phone this morning and he came across as a really nice and knowledgeable guy.

Interim update:

Been chatting to Bob Scott a bit more and he recommends that a Power Commander 5 be fitted as (in his words) "90% need the fuelling managed".

PC5 ordered and to be fitted following the dyno runs next Monday.

Hope its all worth it.....

Dropped the bike into Bob Scott in Fife on Monday and got her back yesterday; what a difference the dyno runs and fitting the PC5 has made. There is only an increase of less than 10 BHP but the linear delivery of smooth, seamless power from low revs is a revelation and the knowledge that the fuelling has been properly addressed is comforting.

Bob is very knowledgeable and a lovely guy to chat to and do business with.

Drove her back up to Aberdeen last night and simply couldn't stop smiling :D

Where in The Kingdom is this guy??

Jim

Dropped the bike into Bob Scott in Fife on Monday and got her back yesterday; what a difference the dyno runs and fitting the PC5 has made. There is only an increase of less than 10 BHP but the linear delivery of smooth, seamless power from low revs is a revelation and the knowledge that the fuelling has been properly addressed is comforting.

Bob is very knowledgeable and a lovely guy to chat to and do business with.

Drove her back up to Aberdeen last night and simply couldn't stop smiling :D

Back
Top Bottom