Hayes caliper update

Stevie900

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hot off the press, there are revised Hayes callipers now available. Completely different part numbers.

I don’t know if they are still a split design or mom block.

Parts are on order for my bike, for those interested I will update the thread once my bike has had them fitted.

Just leaked, there are revised Hayes callipers now available. Completely different part numbers.

I don’t know if they are still a split design or mom block.

Parts are on order for my bike, for those interested I will update the thread once my bike has had them fitted.

Fixed :)

You have those on order because yours leaked, or you decided to replace the originals with your own money?

You have those on order because yours leaked, or you decided to replace the originals with your own money?

It’s a warranty fix, if I had my way I would prefer brembos but I have been assured that the new Hayes calipers have completely revised.

So are the revised callipers an admission that the originals were a bit shit and will there be a recall to replace the old with new ?

I’d be surprised if they are much if any different externally or if they do anything other than change them on an as needed basis to existing bikes in the field. They didn’t need to reinvent them just fix the sealing issue

Time will tell.

At least this work is being completed under warranty!

I wouldn't even class it as warranty since he's not even taken delivery of the bike yet (because he'd planned to get it on a 20 plate I believe, not because the caliper was leaking and that delayed things - but he can correct me if I'm wrong). Lol.

I wouldn't even class it as warranty since he's not even taken delivery of the bike yet (because he'd planned to get it on a 20 plate I believe, not because the caliper was leaking and that delayed things - but he can correct me if I'm wrong). Lol.

FFS if you are going to comment make sure you read everything first and pick the correct person. My bike was delivered in December 2019 and it’s on its second set of calipers already.

FFS if you are going to comment make sure you read everything first and pick the correct person. My bike was delivered in December 2019 and it’s on its second set of calipers already.

In my defense, I don't recall you ever putting up any posts to the contrary. And the fact that your thread started a couple days ago saying that they were 'a brand new pair of callipers fitted prior to delivery. I have never ridden the bike, it only has 6 miles on it.' throws people off a bit from thinking that you took delivery two months ago...

Hmm, according to your earlier posts you had replacements before the bike was delivered and not ridden it yet, and you think the replacements are leaking - is that correct? If so, what's the issue, unless they are actually leaking?

At the moment it sounds a bit like a rant for no proven reason.

:nenau:nenau

I hadn't seen the other post where it was shown to be leaking, hence my deletion. Apologies to the OP

Sorry, I must apologise as well for an earlier post, from your original post about leaking callipers you said "As the pictures show, these are a brand new pair of callipers fitted prior to delivery. I have never ridden the bike, it only has 6 miles on it". I also took that to mean the bike was still in the dealers and you hadn't taken delivery, not that you had the bike but just hadn't ridden it. I can understand why your pissed off. I am keeping an eye on mine, but as they haven't leaked in 4k, hopefully mine are ok

@Stevie900 thanks for your post!, please let us know if they really are different, I’m quite tired of it as mine are leaking again as well... had both of them changed about 6 months ago and now the left caliper has its first drops of brake fluid again!! So quite pissed I am actually trying to let them switch m out for Brembo but obviously if there is a updated version They will install those any chance you know the different order numbers?. Regards Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Stevie900 thanks for your post!, please let us know if they really are different, I’m quite tired of it as mine are leaking again as well... had both of them changed about 6 months ago and now the left caliper has its first drops of brake fluid again!! So quite pissed I am actually trying to let them switch m out for Brembo but obviously if there is a updated version They will install those any chance you know the different order numbers?. Regards Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dennis, I certainly will

Back
Top Bottom