2010 GSA Won´t Start

Spanglish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Turns over but won´t Fire.

Now I have to own up to the fact that I might have dropped her when I took the front wheel of to have a new tyre fitted.:mad:
This resulted in her spending the night upright but lower at the front as she was sat on her forks. I couldn't get her back on the centre stand on my own. :augie

Not sure if this has contributed to the non starting. :confused:

Any suggestions :D

I once dropped mine (well dropped a few times actually :blast) and it wouldn’t start either, we soon noticed the TPS electrical connection had un clipped. Not sure if I dislodged it or the shock of the bike falling. Worth checking it’s on the fuel injectors on one side.

Check that there is nothing unplugged.
Kill switch?
Fuel Air Spark. Pull an injector out. Pull a spark plug out. Do a couple of checks

I am unable to upload the short video that I have made so here is a description.
There is a watchamacallit on the exhaust with two cables going round a wheel !!
One cable pulls one way then the other cable pulls the other way. There is a continuous buzzing/beeping coming from the black box that the cables come from/go to.
Could this be the cause of the bike not starting?

That is the exhaust flap

designed for noise and emmisions regs

when you turn on, it cycles to confirm it works

it normally jams open when it fails

pretty sure that isnt the cause of your non start..

have you plugged in a GS911 to see what it says ? (thats if you have one )

With respect, get it taken to a bike mechanic or dealer to be fixed you dont sound technical enough to be poking around with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom