Sorry mods not sure where to post this Advice on C650 Sport / X-ADVneeded please

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As stated not sure where to put this but

Ive got a deposit on a new C650 Sport HP colours as I want one to add to the collection for zippin about on !! but not sure as I also like the Xadv Honda just wondering if anyone has had any experience or trouble with either or whats opinions on either
The BMW does appear to be a expensive Kymco in different knickers but im not a great fan of the DCT Gearbox on the Honda !!

Any advice comments on either would be very appreciated

once again Mods sorry for putting this here

Rob

Apparently very limited storage on the Honda and you need to cock your leg over it, but excellent otherwise. BMW a traditional scoot...?

C650

I had the C650GT (2018) sorry but it was awful with the biggest problem being the low speed vibration which BMW were unable to fix. Also mind the serving cost they are very high
Sorry to big negative but BWW should leave scooters alone

Apparently very limited storage on the Honda and you need to cock your leg over it, but excellent otherwise. BMW a traditional scoot...?

I did have an X-adv for a week whilst waiting for my Adventure Sports to arrive and you are correct no glove boxes and small under seat !!

I had the C650GT (2018) sorry but it was awful with the biggest problem being the low speed vibration which BMW were unable to fix. Also mind the serving cost they are very high
Sorry to big negative but BWW should leave scooters alone

Thats exactly the info im looking for thank you, no need to apologise, its easy for the jurnos to go and thrash the shite out of it for a day but they dont pay for the servicing or have to live with the bike on a day to day basis, hence the questions, its good to have a real riders opinion, I did think the servicing would be costly,

Wow Finn that was a great result for the X-adv no worry about build quality or reliability there !! 7000 mile rally and he won:eek:

I can't see the point of the X-Adv as a Scooter. If you want the biggest, most comfy; then a nearly new Suzuki Burgman 650. For anything else, the Yamaha 530?

The Burgman is like riding a Oli tanker particularly in city traffic, on the open road probably the best of them all, but ive had one, and sold it quite quickly, the T-Max is more expensive than the BMW and the X-adv and is a fair bit down on power as well, although the T=max has got the most Std equipment on it, especially in the DX format, but a definite favourite with the scooter thieves, the insurance on the T-max is over £150 per year dearer than both the others the BMW being the cheapest to insure out of the bunch,

As stated not sure where to put this but

Ive got a deposit on a new C650 Sport HP colours as I want one to add to the collection for zippin about on !! but not sure as I also like the Xadv Honda just wondering if anyone has had any experience or trouble with either or whats opinions on either
The BMW does appear to be a expensive Kymco in different knickers but im not a great fan of the DCT Gearbox on the Honda !!

Any advice comments on either would be very appreciated

once again Mods sorry for putting this here

Rob

I tried an XADV which was a great bike but I didn't buy it because it was a lot of money for something which wasn't a huge amount of fun. Shortly before Christmas I bought a 17 reg C650 Sport which I love. I wouldn't want it as my only bike but it's a very quick, stable, hugely capable and well thought out bike. My T-Max which I love will be sold when the weather improves. I would choose the C650 Sport over the Honda

Cheers Steve
Have you ever had anyone on the back of the C650 just wonder how they perform with a passenger ?
Thanks
Rob

To add to what Steve has said - I was lucky enough to have a borrow of a few scoots from Steve - X300 followed by a TMAX530 with all bits, followed by an Older Tmax and more recently a BMW C650Sport.

My summary - the 650 sport to me just felt just right, even though in spec its below the 530 tmax the power delivery and handling was better in my opinion, only thing it lacked if you where going to use on long distance would be cruise.

Couple of downsides which seemed worse on 650 sport was it felt longer than the others and if its tight getting it out of a garage it feels like trying to manoeuvre a super tanker (a GSA is easier).

Both Steve and I commented that the air turbulent noise on the BMW650 needs a fix as its bloody noisy - only really noticeable on dual carriageways and motorways.

Otherwise the 650 is flippin fantastic - its ability to keep up with a normal bike and its handling is shall I say surprising.

I think if I was just after a pure round towner the X300 was great and much easier to handle when off it, but the suspension as soon as you leave town vs the bigger scoots is poor.

Never quite managed to get on an X-ADV - must get around to doing it as is a scratch needing and itch, however - in my view over priced as new and amazed at their residual values.

To add to what Steve has said - I was lucky enough to have a borrow of a few scoots from Steve - X300 followed by a TMAX530 with all bits, followed by an Older Tmax and more recently a BMW C650Sport.

My summary - the 650 sport to me just felt just right, even though in spec its below the 530 tmax the power delivery and handling was better in my opinion, only thing it lacked if you where going to use on long distance would be cruise.

Couple of downsides which seemed worse on 650 sport was it felt longer than the others and if its tight getting it out of a garage it feels like trying to manoeuvre a super tanker (a GSA is easier).

Both Steve and I commented that the air turbulent noise on the BMW650 needs a fix as its bloody noisy - only really noticeable on dual carriageways and motorways.

Otherwise the 650 is flippin fantastic - its ability to keep up with a normal bike and its handling is shall I say surprising.

I think if I was just after a pure round towner the X300 was great and much easier to handle when off it, but the suspension as soon as you leave town vs the bigger scoots is poor.

Never quite managed to get on an X-ADV - must get around to doing it as is a scratch needing and itch, however - in my view over priced as new and amazed at their residual values.

It's worth trying the GT version.:thumb2
I had a C650GT for 24 hours as a courtesy bike from Bowkers a couple of years ago.
It was great fun on B roads and went well on the motorway. Wind protection was fine
as was comfort. One of the most comfortable riding positions I've experienced with
effortless motorway ability.
The underseat luggage capacity was enough for two full face helmets. With a top box
fitted it would be a very competent long distance bike indeed.

I was really quite taken with it until I took it back and asked the price. £10k:eek: for a scooter.
Having said that I can see me buying a GT one day if I have a cull in my garage.

Back
Top Bottom