6000 mile service costs

mrklunk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone in the UK had this done recently and if so how much did it cost?

Got stung with the 600 mile service so I want to get an idea before I book it in.

TIA.

Seeing as no one on here appears to know, why not phone the dealer and get a price ?

I would seriously look at the BMW Service Inclusive 5yr all in deal if you are planning to keep a 750/850. They are much more tricky to service than the 1200/1250 due to the engine configuration (valve clearances for instance) and the fork service is expensive (not needed on the 1250); so the service plan is actually pretty good value for these machines.

Seeing as no one on here appears to know, why not phone the dealer and get a price ?

I'll be contacting the dealer but they ripped me off with the 1st service so just wanted an idea what others paid.

I did look at that Steve and at the time I wasn't sure. That was before £205 for my 1st service :(

Ive got a 6k multiple being done this week. ( i hope) ;)

ill let you know if i can get down to pick it up lol

Just been quoted £230 by the local BMW dealer "inc brake fluid change". Does anyone know, if I get it done by an independent, will it affect my warranty (if genuine BMW parts used). By the way, Cardiff BMW Motoradd is charging £125!

Beats me. I asked for a price and that's what they came back with. They charged me £205 for the 600-mile service and I got a £50 credit note when I complained.

Many dealers include the service for free after purchase to sweeten the deal , such a shame.Who was the dealer?

Many dealers include the service for free after purchase to sweeten the deal , such a shame.Who was the dealer?

I think you mean the 600-mile service? Yeh I only found that out after. It was a bit of an 'impulse' purchase you could say. The dealer is John Clark BMW in Aberdeen. Relatives of Dick Turpin.

Update

BMW Aberdeen £230
BMW East Kilbryde £220
BMW Edinburgh £196

Just been quoted £230 by the local BMW dealer "inc brake fluid change". Does anyone know, if I get it done by an independent, will it affect my warranty (if genuine BMW parts used). By the way, Cardiff BMW Motoradd is charging £125!

Sorry 6000 miles I misread your post

8d5e19d33466f1c8afd586b060764e4e.png

Hi.

I am an independent BMW technician.

I can do your service for less. Probably less than £140.

Fully qualified, fully trained and fully insured.

Service light turned out and all genuine parts.

Warranty unaffected.

However, I think i'm too far away.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom