Bigger/better screen

thor1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2016 F800 gsa, 6ft looking for a bigger better screen, favourite option so far is Givi AF5110.
Is anyone using this screen, would you recommend it?
Are there better options out there?
What about clip on extensions?
Thanks in advance, Stuart

I use a Puig Touring screen - I'm 5'11. It is better than standard but nothing to write home about. I still get the wind (cannot ride with visor up as just get wind blast in my eyes all the time). Worse thing for me is the noise that you get from the bike with any screen on - terrible. I did a test once and took off the screen and rode without it - yes I got the wind blast but no noise.
Somebody did a review of his screen on here and had such a bad time he sold the bike!
Below is a review from the net - I have not read it but hopefuly it is a starter for you.
http://www.roadtrooper.com/puig-touring-screen-review-for-f800gs-adventure/

If you wanted to pop over to the Buxton area early one Saturday morning then you can borrow it for the weekend - as long as it is back by Sunday evening. PM me if interested.

Joe

Many thanks Joe, it’s actually one of my customers who I’m asking for.. That is a very kind offer..

Had the GIVI A5107 on my previous 700GS.
( Givi AF5110 more or less the same )
great screen, made better by a Wunderlich screen ext... :thumb

Attachments

• 20200219_235541.jpg
    20200219_235541.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 389
Now have a Wunderlich Vario screen on my present 700GS.
Equally as good, again made better by a screen extension

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/b...e/ergonomics-comfort/screens-complements.html

:thumb

I also have the F650GS / F700GS version of the GIVI D5110ST screen.
A cheaper option, but worked OK.

But I prefer the hieght adjustability of the other two..

Then there the puig screen as Joe C says..

As to which is the best really would come done to the individual....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563662676940.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563662676940.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 366
Thank you gents, greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply.. Regards Stuart

Another option is the Givi Airflow AF5107 which 90% solved the problem on my F700GS. Strangely, the adjustable section worked much better when fitted upside down.

My 700 is now gone and the Airflow will be for sale shortly :thumb2

I've got the Puig screen on mine and it's fine. Not perfect by any means but 100% better than the standard screen.

My 800 had this on until this weekend - (pics from Arsey's advert) https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/519573-2009-F800GS-LOW-MILEAGE?highlight=f800gs

It worked well with the clip on extension raised but then I ended up looking through the screen which I dislike. Now gone back to a standard mini screen and I much prefer it (though it's now a little breezy above 60, still better though). I'll be selling the screen as and when I get round to it, be better for someone taller than my 5'9

Just fitted a used Givi D5110ST screen to my 2017 F800GSA , at 5'11" I can see over the screen and up to 70 mph you are sitting in a pocket of still air behind it, I believe that over that speed (cough cough) it is slightly noisier than standard with a little more buffeting.

All in all a decent upgrade over standard

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 154
Buffeting was the only weak point when I had a 700GS/800GSA. I assume it’s the bodywork as never had an issue with the 1200 GS or GSA. The Givi Airflow might work (good tip about flipping the top section) as it has so much height adjustability.

Just fitted a used Givi D5110ST screen to my 2017 F800GSA , at 5'11" I can see over the screen and up to 70 mph you are sitting in a pocket of still air behind it, I believe that over that speed (cough cough) it is slightly noisier than standard with a little more buffeting.

All in all a decent upgrade over standard

That would be great if it was smoked or dark.

Back
Top Bottom