Cheap Lion Charger

See the link and you will see that I do know - but who knows what corners have been cut in producing some cheap batteries from ‘less well known’ manufacturers? Best to be safe :)

The link provided useful and accurate information. Your post, did not.

The link provided useful and accurate information. Your post, did not.

I provided the link, so my post did contain the most useful of information. I knew that most on here simply wouldn’t have the knowledge to understand any the of explanation I could provide about charging lithium-ion cells, so I dumbed it down and gave you the link.

Andres, if the battery is easily accessible and you just use crocodile clips on it I have a bog standard low amp “dumb “ motorcycle batter charger that you can have for the cost of postage .

You will have no problem charging the LION with it . Just pop it on once in a while to keep the battery topped up, it will charge that little battery from completely flat in about 3hrs anyway. You don’t need a special LION one. I bought the Duo because it’s it comes with a fly lead , the battery on my new bike is hidden, and it’s better if I want to leave it on all the time.

:thumb2

Aldi's are selling battery chargers this week 6-12 v I think about £12-95.
I was just going to go and have a look and maybe buy one. my optimate 4 melted yesterday. has anybody had experiences of Aldi or Lidl chargers?

I've got 3 of 'em from various times they've flogged them over the last few years. All are still working perfectly and do the job fine. One is permanently attached to my Jag and keeps that topped up as it rarely gets used. One is used for whatever needs charging and one lives at my GFs house (the bike sits outside there), for when it drops really cold overnight -it keeps the GS battery topped up as either it or the starter is getting a bit weak...

No idea about their LION capabilities tho for the OP!

According to Skyrich you must avoid chargers that have a de-sulphate function.

"When charging your Skyrich battery do not use a charger that has an automatic ‘de-sulphation’ or ‘conditioning’ mode as this will seriously damage or even destroy your battery.'

Their advice in full is here:

https://skyrichbatteries.co.uk/charging/

tom

I have Lion battery and use a Lidl or Aldi charger, they are great, I’ve had possibly three of them.
First was not digital display so got replaced (and it was passed on to a n other) when the digital version came out.
First digital model failed after a while and was replaced with same..
The only difference my set up has is I have a Ctek comfort charger lead which has traffic light leds to show state of charge of the battery
If that goes amber I will connect the charger for an hour or so max. Battery is 4ah, charger is 3.8 amp output on car setting but only 0.8amp on motorbike setting.

Absolutely worth buying one.
Toolstation has one similar for about £16 but that specifically states “not suitable for lithium batteries”

Hth:thumb

Back
Top Bottom