WunderLINQ has arrived!

RallyeGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Arrived today after a pretty long wait. Now to have a play!

Attachments

• EA7F6FCA-1C8B-4E82-8B30-50AF9C06DAF2.jpg
    EA7F6FCA-1C8B-4E82-8B30-50AF9C06DAF2.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 1,362
  • F9AF0D47-A80A-4B2C-AA18-62C0C2BA3799.jpg
    F9AF0D47-A80A-4B2C-AA18-62C0C2BA3799.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 1,136
Ah you b*gger. Waiting to order mine ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thinking of going down this route how are you getting on with it can you use tomtom mapping on your phone etc?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mine has just shipped. Should be here by the time lockdown ends ...

WHAT IS IT ?

It lets you control your phone via the handlebar wheel controller. It means I can run music, Nav, bike info etc and don’t need a Nav V.

‘The WunderLINQ is a combination of Plug-and-Play hardware that snaps into your existing BMW Motorcycle Navigation Prep and a companion app for your Android or iOS phone or tablet. Together they allow you to control your mobile device and other connected devices like GoPros from your handlebar wheel. If your motorcycle also has the On Board Computer Pro option the WunderLINQ can also receive and decode performance and fault data.’

More here: https://blackboxembedded.com/products/wunderlinq-commuter-edition

Can I ask where you got it from and have you given it a test run yet really like the idea of this just want to make sure prior to investing?
Cheers

RallyeGS on here has one already. I’ve spoken to a couple of folk on here and advrider who have them, it was enough to convince me to invest.

I got it from the developers here:

https://blackboxembedded.com/

The app is on AppStore.

I never really got on with the Nav V and VI, much preferring Scenic and Waze for route planning and a to b stuff. So being able to control all that, plus access music and display all the bike info via the wheel controller it seemed a no brainier.

Time will tell. I’ll report back.

OK, I may be thick. What does it do that the oft screen doesn't do ?

I had a play with the app today, following on from your link

Seems ok, but has some issues, i will contact the developers shortly

If they fix the issues, it looks like it could be a viable contender to the OE units

Hi guys what are the latest updates on the wunderlinq thumbs up or down plus and minus if you can before I take the plunge?
Many thanks

Currently using an SP case and wireless charging mount. Keen to use the tomtom app so does this allow you to choose which map it defaults to when you select navigation? Same goes for the music and other apps, can you change the defaults?

Of so this looks rather good!

Cheers!

Currently using an SP case and wireless charging mount. Keen to use the tomtom app so does this allow you to choose which map it defaults to when you select navigation? Same goes for the music and other apps, can you change the defaults?

Of so this looks rather good!

Cheers!

I think you can,

download the app and have a play

I've taken the plunge and ordered one, had s quick browse of the app and it looks pretty intuitive

Just sent my back!

If you’re using Apple it’s a pretty poor app. You can move one way but not the other. So you can select navigation, but once that’s opened you can’t get back to the WunderLINQ home screen. You also can’t move around your phones home screen like you can if you’re using android.

Having said that I did try it with an android phone and whist it’s a much better experience, there was still too many inconsistencies to make it worth it for me. You can at least select the voice assistant, unlike on the Apple; but since you can do this with one touch on my sena, for my anyway, it wasn’t worth the £200.

Pity as I really liked the idea and wanted it to work.

Sorry to hear that Smudge. Which Nav app were you using? I can switch between Scenic and Wunderlinq back and forth on my iPhone.

Nin

I'm using the tomtom app, most because of the traffic and camera functions, but I'd try with google and had the same issue.
It is a shame as I really wanted it to work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom