Front brake discs for an 1150 GSA

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a little slow-speed pulsing on braking from the front, so I’ll give the discs a clean, but I suspect new ones are in order.

Looks like they’re £100-ish each, but a quick Google found some much cheaper ones (with a wavey option too) - and that’s literally the first result on the first search I’ve done, so I’m sure there’s others.

Anyone had any experience of non-BMW discs? Anything to be concerned about I’ve not thought of?

Sherlocks Hekkane stainless discs :thumb2

Hello chap, I've just fitted EBC discs and HH pads to my 1100- I had a badly warped disc causing exactly that (you could actually feel the bike 'pulsing' as you say when off throttle @ low speed).

I cleaned up the bobbins, washers etc. and filed the mounting points flat (I know what I'm doing, don't panic peeps!); the calipers got a clean-up (and I greased the pistons before they were pushed back in)- this little 'overhaul' saw a huge improvement (took a little while to get lever back as the pads/ discs were bedded in) so I can only recommend them/ this process.

I faced the same dilemma a year ago on the same bike. It was a pretty easy decision in the end to go with the same rotors that had kept me safe for 60000 miles. Going cheap with rotors from an unknown manufacturer seemed as illogical to me as basing a tyre choice purely on mileage rather than grip. Although I might have considered it on the rear.....

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hekkane from Sherlocks on my 1150 since autumn 2018. Over 5000km around Spain/Portugal/France October 2018 (mountain twisties, rural back-roads, some TET), plus maybe another 10,000km normal riding too.

No issues with performance, and showing very little wear. They did rattle, as did the OEMs they replaced, but I've recently doubled-up on the wave washers to address that.

Hekkane from Sherlocks on my 1150 since autumn 2018. Over 5000km around Spain/Portugal/France October 2018 (mountain twisties, rural back-roads, some TET), plus maybe another 10,000km normal riding too.

No issues with performance, and showing very little wear. They did rattle, as did the OEMs they replaced, but I've recently doubled-up on the wave washers to address that.

Excuse my ignorance, what are wave washers?

wave-washer-250x250.jpg

A washer that acts as a spring as well.

Back
Top Bottom