TT Adventuro Mod

IainMac

Reaction score
I’d taken a shine to the TT Adv Mod lid when 1st released as possible replacement for my aging GT Air but lack of being able to check one out and the 80s tracksuit paint jobs put me off an online take one for the team purchase. A subsequent handling of a Schuberth E1 didn’t dissuade me from that view though I thought the TT Adv Mod looked better i ended up with a Schuberth S2 Sport which was initially lovely but didn’t age well , Matt paint being a PITA and bits of trim pinging off when pulling straps to get lid on/off didn’t help . Fast forward a few years and a TT sale email dropped into my spam folder with a hard to be sniffed at £350 price on the TT Adv Mod , plus they had some new less German fashion victim paint schemes in the sale. A quick check of what they had in medium and a sale was made. I chose the Dark Stone style and it arrived about 7 days after the order. 1st impressions are it’s a snug fitting lid, I sized it based on test fit of E1 & C3Pro plus my S2 all fitting nice in medium. It requires the chin piece to be lifted to get on /off (description in user manual covers this) and with the chin piece down it is ver snug around my lower jaw. I doubt it could be removed without the chin piece being lifted without breaking something (jaw probably) even with the strap undone. The strap is a clicker style which is ok if a little more fiddly than a shoei seatbelt type but easier to adjust tightness. Quality wise I can’t fault it , lovely liner (nicer than my S2) and nice glossy paint (I hate Matt paint finishes after my S2). Worn for one short ride in the cold drizzle and it’s comfy not bad on buffeting astride my Africa Twin AS, & didn’t fog though will need to see how it fares in damper conditions. Compared to previously owned Adv lids it’s a lot snugger than my very old Arai TourX or my not as old Shoei Hornet (old style) so heavy lifting off-road might not be its forte. Some pics hopefully attached when I can spot how.

Back
Top Bottom