Halvarssons Wish Pants moving knee protectors

Scrawf41

Reaction score
Hello guys

Just wondered if anyone else has this issue with Halvassons Wish pants? I’m used to wearing leathers so textile suits are new to me.

The problem is the knee protection is secured in place with Velcro but they keep moving around! They are also uncomfortable when walking around!

Is this usual or is there a fix? The Halvarssons armour is very stiff and inflexible so I wondered about replacing them with some D30 armour? I also wondered as there are no internal pockets if sewing them in might be an option?

If they move around I have to question how much they would protect you if you did take a tumble!

Thanks

Morning.

I've not got the Wish trousers but I do have the Halvarssons Zon which I think are the predecessor to the Wish.

I also came from leathers, 20 years of carrying waterproofs around to wearing textiles. I find them to be incredibly comfortable with no issues with the armour at all. I have the zip in braces rather than zipping them to my jacket, which won't fit anyhow as it's a Streetguard.

First pair I had were faulty, the waterproof flap around the zip wasn't connected properly so leaked. No issues having them replaced.

Overall no complaints.

Hope this helps.

Unless you go bespoke, it's often difficult to stop knee or elbow armour migrating. I guess it depends on body shape & limb length.

I am long in the thigh, so it's rare for the the armour to stay positioned correctly with textile suits, so I tend to use leather pants most times, often with a textile jacket; inevitably I need over-trousers, but they are only £10 in Aldi/Lidl. BTW, Kate Jennings at Hideout can create textile perfection, if that's what you seek, but it doesn't come cheap.

I had zon pants. Yes Velcro fixing for protection but they were slotted inside a thin pocket. Didn’t move around on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the Wish trousers for almost 2 years now. I gave up trying to adjust the armour positioning and use off road hinged knee/shin armour instead. Very happy with the waterproof qualities, providing you make sure the pockets are zipped up(schoolboy error last week).

I have the Wish trousers, and not had any issues with the knee armour moving. Is it that your trousers are a bit baggy? Mine are quite a close fit.

Back
Top Bottom