R1200GS LC - Screen Options Advice

jgk1459

Reaction score
Morning all.

I've just purchased myself a natty 2016 GS - a fine tool to compliment the R9t.......luck me, never thought I'd have 2 bikes.

Anyhow, I'd like to ask the more experienced owners about screen options to avoid the buffering I'm getting at motorway speeds.

For reference I'm 6ft, currently have the standard GS screen not the Adventure. Helmet is a System 7.

Fully appreciate we are all different so what works for one.........

Any and all advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Jgk

GSA screen with the MRA X-Creen on top. That's what I have and it's fantastic. Puig is good but seriously tall. Was too tall for me in black especially.

wunderlich ergo with mra spoiler plus cymark brackets, visor up at 70 no drama

Keep standard screen and fit Puig electric adjuster if money is no object!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the GSA screen 'au natural' (without a screen brace as the GSA does not need it) and it works well for me. I am a bit shorter than you though. I like to change back to the GS screen if I'm going somewhere warm as I like the breeze.

I use a short Ztechnik Vscreen, the sports version, it works well for me, I’m 6’ tall and don’t get any buffering from it as my heads in clean air so to speak.

I went for the barn door approach and could not quite get it right, went for a shorter screen and bingo, pretty much perfect for me.

Thank you all.

I think I'll try the MRA extension thingy first and see how that goes. Failing that I'll take the screen off and test it. Maybe short is the answer.

Might be a bit late with my tuopense worth but had the same problem as you with the std screen at full height and no better when down full. After reading a few comments on here I thought id try the GSA screen . Works perfectly for me and Im about the same height as you. Summer time I just dial the screen down a little for more airflow. Picked up the screen from an inmate here for small money.... happy days to come.:beerjug:

GSA screen with the MRA X-Creen on top(sport version seems big enough for me) bit of fiddling about with the adjustable settings on it but pretty much dialled in after a couple trips out

Dave:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom