R80g/s Battery help

andrewb2006

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
Needing a new battery for my 1980 g/s what’s the best one to get ?
Do I need an expensive one ?

Thanks

Andy

I've had a Motobatt in mine since 2013.

I charge it occasionally if I've not been out on the bike for a while. Has never let me down or slowed down whilst turning the engine.

Get yer old battery out and see if a smaller one with the same chanking amps is available. As I remember its a bugger to remove (standard original one)
yer may get a motobatt or I have an oddessey on my later GS. Some folk dont like the motbatts life but mune been ok on another bike for 3 year = wait for it go fail now.
Oddesssy has been on for 7 maybe more
HTHY

Yuasa for me, mine has been on for 6 years now, all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motobatt for me as it has two sets of terminals.

Motobatt for me, on nearly all of my bikes. Never had an issue - apart from the one on my F650 Funduro where I fitted a brand new battery, then accidentally left the parking lights on for over a week (it was under a cover). When I went to the bike the battery was obviously stone dead. Nevertheless it started with a jump and lasted another 18 months before it died*. My fault entirely, not the battery. I replaced it with another Motobatt.

* its still actually doing service in my garage powering a LED overhead light - only holds 9 volts but is enough for the variable voltage LED.

Back
Top Bottom