Santiago de Compostela - Hotel Mirador de Belvis

wessie

Reaction score
I cut this post and those following from a thread in the travel section.

Richard

I did the Camino about three years ago starting from Roncevales and returned using the northern coastal route via Cantabria, fantastic routes and a great experience. The old city of Santiago is fabulous.

Good, just booked a couple of nights there in this hotel https://www.miradordebelvis.es/ which seems to be a rare thing i.e. a central hotel with its own parking. I looked at the Parador but a stupid rate for my dates.

Good, just booked a couple of nights there in this hotel https://www.miradordebelvis.es/ which seems to be a rare thing i.e. a central hotel with its own parking. I looked at the Parador but a stupid rate for my dates.

Good choice, stayed there in 2016, short walk to the cathedral etc.

Bike parking is secure

Attachments

• 102DF91F-8569-492F-92A8-2CE723935440.jpg
    102DF91F-8569-492F-92A8-2CE723935440.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 235
Good choice, stayed there in 2016, short walk to the cathedral etc.

Bike parking is secure

Yes, having stayed there, I can recommend this hotel too. Very central

I do seem to remember having to rely on the satnav to guide me through the various narrow one way roads to get there though.

I stopped at the posh NH Hotel which was a short walk to the cathedral and has secure underground parking with designated bike places too :thumb2 It was relatively cheap too, especially as it was the weekend of the big St James (?) festival

If you tight wads can't stretch to a night at the Parador, one of the oldest & most amazing hostelries in the World, then at least drop in for a drink & look around the old place.

The Parador at Leon is a similar construct, but far larger &, as a result, is usually priced more keenly.

When you visit

Spend a few days walking round the city. Go into Cathederal, and take a tour upstairs.

The tapestry in the picture is fabulous. Look at the man on the right and what he is up to!

Attachments

• Cathrine 036V2.jpg
    Cathrine 036V2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 119

Back
Top Bottom