Do I sell or keep?

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m trying to thin out my parts but it’d be a wrench to see this kit go.

Attachments

• ACA04A20-51AA-4905-B951-2D384098A4DD.jpg
    ACA04A20-51AA-4905-B951-2D384098A4DD.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 623
I'd say so but only if you aren't going to use them, otherwise let them bring joy to another tosser like me lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

are you likely to have the oily & round bits to attach them to? If not, they are just ornaments. Do you value them as such?

are you likely to have the oily & round bits to attach them to? If not, they are just ornaments. Do you value them as such?
Exactly! At the moment the only G/S I have is my trail bike and these parts are far too nice to get muddy and scratched. So am I keeping them for a future build or just as ornaments?

Keep them as ornaments, but do it properly.

Put them on shelves or artfully on the wall.

Do you need the money?
Do you need the Space?
Are you going to build a new Airhead and use these parts.

No
No
Yes

Keep

Yes
Yes
No

Sell

For me the question would be ' can you get those parts again if you needed them at any cost.' If you can't then hang on to them until you know they are surplus to requirements.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Take control. Dont let what you own end up owning you.

I did something very similar recently (as you will know Paul!) and at first I dithered and had my doubts one way or the other about letting stuff "that I might need" or was "too good/valuable" to go but when I did it was almost cathartic. Not to say anything about the much needed space it liberated too. And the extra funds.

Ultimately, its just stuff.

Take control. Dont let what you own end up owning you.

I did something very similar recently (as you will know Paul!) and at first I dithered and had my doubts one way or the other about letting stuff "that I might need" or was "too good/valuable" to go but when I did it was almost cathartic. Not to say anything about the much needed space it liberated too. And the extra funds.

Ultimately, its just stuff.
I know. I’ve been letting stuff go for a while now and it is cathartic. I do spend the money just as easily on other projects.

Tank and heatshield can be hard to find at times, rest probably not.
So might be worth holding onto at least the tank, just in case.
But I am at the stage that I have probably kept too much for too long, so my advice is to get rid of whatever you can get a decent price for - you don't want the kids dumping the lot in a skip!

Back
Top Bottom