Spain, the gift that keeps on giving ...

Simon_100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This was where I was riding yesterday on my way back home after a 400 kms round trip just to check the mail box down at our flat in Tarragona ...

If you haven't all day just check 4.15 to 6.30! :okay

I don't know when this vid was made but the weather was identical, but as I was riding during the siesta hour there wasn't any traffic at all - this looks busy by comparison!

And did Stick pass you at 136mph .. ??

Lots of early apexing, on/off throttle in corners, great scenery but poor skills.

5/10

Was there any mail?

Yes, the electricity bill! :)

Looks like you were dawdling to me :D

It wasn't me! I time myself to a second set of tunnels about five kms further up the road and I'm on an X-Country, hardly a sports bike! - but I reckon I'd be about a minute slower by the point this vid stops. I've done it a tad faster once or twice but have to go and have a lie down afterewards ... :)

We stayed in Hotel Terradets by the lake in the C13 near Cellars last May, awesome weather.

TBH That road is actually rather average compared to some others in the area!

Just in case anyone can help here, I found this under my X-Country yesterday and a) don't recognize it and b) can't see anything 'missing' on the bike.

My bike is in one of my parking bays in a communal basement of an apartment block, so it could be from some fuckwit neighbour who had no business on my property!

imgp0002.jpg

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Simon

PS, no, that's not a credit card number!

We stayed in Hotel Terradets by the lake in the C13 near Cellars last May, awesome weather.

TBH That road is actually rather average compared to some others in the area!

The Terradets is indeed an great place, highly recommended at least vicariously, I live about twenty minute's away so have never stayed, but have had some awesome meals there! :)

Again, having lived here, in Tremp, for over twenty years I now that the C-13 section (much of the rest of the long distance route is dull) is one among many amazing rides. But I'm not sure how, or if, one can say that one road is 'better' than another, they're just different. In this case it's a favourite, among others, as I normally use it at the beginning or end of long distance trips so it has a resonance with the exitement of the new or the warm glow of homecoming, ot just a mad blast on a Sunday morning to and from Can Pere, the great café at Camarasa for a real Spanish biker's breakfast treat ...

But for the benefit of poor Steptoe - who insists on having a Poll :) - which do you all this is the 'best' road within a 50 kms redius of Tremp - and why!

C-13 - Camarasa to Cellers section
C-1311 - Tremp to Puente de Muntañana
N-260 - Ls Pobla de Segur to Pont de Suerte
N-260 - Sort to Adrall
L-511 - Isona to Coll de Nargó
C-1412b - Port de Comiols to Ponts
L-512 - Port de Comiols to Artesa de Segre

People who really know the area will realize that I've left the very best one out - just saying like ... :)

Simon

Sort - Adrall is the "classic" N260 stretch and is indeed mighty fine, but last year I discovered (tipped off by a mate) the L511 and the Col de Boixolls - what an utter delight, added it to another days ride out so got to ride it both ways, I think it was better heading West - but regardless a real beauty of a road with no traffic and so many corners, very slow / tight in places, but not like the hairpins that can get tedious on some passes in the Alps.

Hope to go back again for longer next time, would probably cut down some of the time we spent riding up and down both sides of the Pyrenees and add a couple of extra days here...

...and the Terradets is indeed good, the cheaper single rooms are a bit small, I would pay for a bigger one next time. The Hotel itself is nice, food was good and overall it is fantastic value, and you can leave the Mrs sunbathing by the pool whilst you bugger off and ride.

Sort - Adrall is the "classic" N260 stretch and is indeed mighty fine, but last year I discovered (tipped off by a mate) the L511 and the Col de Boixolls - what an utter delight, added it to another days ride out so got to ride it both ways, I think it was better heading West - but regardless a real beauty of a road with no traffic and so many corners, very slow / tight in places, but not like the hairpins that can get tedious on some passes in the Alps.

Hope to go back again for longer next time, would probably cut down some of the time we spent riding up and down both sides of the Pyrenees and add a couple of extra days here...

...and the Terradets is indeed good, the cheaper single rooms are a bit small, I would pay for a bigger one next time. The Hotel itself is nice, food was good and overall it is fantastic value, and you can leave the Mrs sunbathing by the pool whilst you bugger off and ride.

An interesting point about the rooms. The hotel has evolved over the decades since the 'fifties and I guess the cheaper rooms are in the original building, which is actually still referred to as the 'hostal' rather than hotel. In fact it was really a truckers stopover back in the day and I guess began its life when the railway terminated there for a few years before its completion up to La Pobla de Segur in about 1953 ...

The L511 does have it all, stunning scenery, great riding and very little traffic. That's an interesting point about better heading east or west and thinking about it I'd tend to agree with you. I often use it as part of a round trip taking in the Moto Museum at Bassella, having headed out on the C-1412b to Ponts. If I do it the other way my route coming back is my little 'secret' but what I'd never do it tie it in with the N-260 as the long stretch of the C-12 between Coll de Nargó and Adrall is both horrible and dangerous!

Thanks

Simon

Back
Top Bottom