Hayes update

Further to this, I have just got my 2019 (August) 1250GSA back from Allan Jeffries, having had the original Hayes calipers replaced. I was told it would be the end of this month before they would be in stock (and they lent me an S1000R, brand new!) whilst mine was in. I was a little surprised when they called last week to say it was ready, as I understood that it would take a bit longer than that (they had it a week).

All seems fine now and the brakes are as good as ever. I'm wondering if I've been fobbed off with a piston/seal kit, rather than new calipers that were promised. Anyone else just had new calipers fitted?

Further to this, I have just got my 2019 (August) 1250GSA back from Allan Jeffries, having had the original Hayes calipers replaced. I was told it would be the end of this month before they would be in stock (and they lent me an S1000R, brand new!) whilst mine was in. I was a little surprised when they called last week to say it was ready, as I understood that it would take a bit longer than that (they had it a week).

All seems fine now and the brakes are as good as ever. I'm wondering if I've been fobbed off with a piston/seal kit, rather than new calipers that were promised. Anyone else just had new calipers fitted?

Seems fine now! So does it matter whether its a piston kit or a replacement calliper. According to my local dealer, the callipers with the different part numbers are not fundamentally different or a different design, it is just to indicate they have had the problem fixed at source, so probably piston kits fitted, its not a different product, unless they are talking rubbish of course

Seems fine now! So does it matter whether its a piston kit or a replacement calliper. According to my local dealer, the callipers with the different part numbers are not fundamentally different or a different design, it is just to indicate they have had the problem fixed at source, so probably piston kits fitted, its not a different product, unless they are talking rubbish of course

It matters only because I was told they'd be fitting new calipers. Either solution is fine with me, but I don't like being lied to. I have no reason to doubt new calipers were fitted as promised other than the fact that they seemed to be in stock much quicker than expected. I was just wondering if anyone else had any information about the matter, that was all.

It matters only because I was told they'd be fitting new calipers. Either solution is fine with me, but I don't like being lied to. I have no reason to doubt new calipers were fitted as promised other than the fact that they seemed to be in stock much quicker than expected. I was just wondering if anyone else had any information about the matter, that was all.

No pleasing some people. You’re complaining because they work after being fixed quicker than initially anticipated. So rather than being a happy customer who has received outstanding service & a new loan bike while it was being sorted, you accuse them of lying to you. Unbelievable! get a life you sad sack. Dealers must love customers like you, serial whingers. Was there even a problem or were you just jumping on the band wagon to have a moan?

No pleasing some people. You’re complaining because they work after being fixed quicker than initially anticipated. So rather than being a happy customer who has received outstanding service & a new loan bike while it was being sorted, you accuse them of lying to you. Unbelievable! get a life you sad sack. Dealers must love customers like you, serial whingers. Was there even a problem or were you just jumping on the band wagon to have a moan?
I haven't accused anyone of anything.

I merely asked the question to see if anyone had any information. If you weren't so pig ignorant and lacking in brain cells you would see that. The dealership were excellent and to clarify confirmed the calipers were indeed faulty.

However, they told me conflicting things regarding caliper availability and I was merely trying to clarify the point using what I thought was a source of respectable members of the GS forum. If you sir are an example of the type of person I can expect to find on here I won't be staying. I prefer to discuss things with those that have a modicum of manners and intelligence, not someone that jumps to erroneous conclusions and then insults me as a result.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I haven't accused anyone of anything.

I merely asked the question to see if anyone had any information. If you weren't so pig ignorant and lacking in brain cells you would see that. The dealership were excellent and to clarify confirmed the calipers were indeed faulty.

However, they told me conflicting things regarding caliper availability and I was merely trying to clarify the point using what I thought was a source of respectable members of the GS forum. If you sir are an example of the type of person I can expect to find on here I won't be staying. I prefer to discuss things with those that have a modicum of manners and intelligence, not someone that jumps to erroneous conclusions and then insults me as a result.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Don't go , you will get used to the insults , piss take and wind up , to be fair tho the dealer has been good as they always have , be happy , relax and enjoy the new brakes , way better than the old ones.
Perhaps a praising of the dealer may have been better , and perhaps you should have raised the question with them before you posted a presumption.
Folks on here are great , its a forum not a classroom.

Don't go , you will get used to the insults , piss take and wind up , to be fair tho the dealer has been good as they always have , be happy , relax and enjoy the new brakes , way better than the old ones.
Perhaps a praising of the dealer may have been better , and perhaps you should have raised the question with them before you posted a presumption.
Folks on hear are great , its a forum not a classroom.

+1 I agree, this place is full of self opinionated dick heads, some would say im one of them :eek::blast but frankly i dont give a toss. I dont lose any sleep over them, so just carry on and ignore the twats. :thumb2:D

I had this with mine though - delivery dates miles ahead only for BMW to drop them on Vines doorstep without warning.
Its more down to their computer system not updating stock movements through UK distribution properly.

Here’s a report of a leak between the two halves of the Hayes caliper on a 2021 production year bike , showing what to look for .
(Brembo calipers are single piece )

(The original issues were piston seal leaks according to the link )

https://youtu.be/7FVgWK37WGw

p.s. In the above link , the warranty claim resulted in calipers changed to from Hayes to Brembo
Note the guy praises Hayes calipers.

^^ He mentions the brembos seem to give more lever travel, but then again it's using new calipers & pads on the old disks, so it's bound to feel a bit different until fully bedded in.

Brembo have always given more lever travel, and are progressive. Hayes have nearly zero travel, unless braking hard (and which causes sawdust to be sprinkled over the calipers).

Having had both (not at the same time), I can't tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom