Fantic Caballero Scrambler 500 Limited Edition

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The bike will be produced in standard red and classic blue with the graphic associated with Fantic in the mid 1970's.

In addition each bike is supplied with: Tank Bag, Radiator Guard, Sump Guard, Headlamp Grille, Front Race Number Board & Handlebar Cross-brace.

da1a093e70a117dc67b0fd1c6b24bb87.jpg
de06fc56fb6afaaaff2b5213f882e606.jpg

The bike will be produced in standard red and classic blue with the graphic associated with Fantic in the mid 1970's.

In addition each bike is supplied with: Tank Bag, Radiator Guard, Sump Guard, Headlamp Grille, Front Race Number Board & Handlebar Cross-brace.

da1a093e70a117dc67b0fd1c6b24bb87.jpg
de06fc56fb6afaaaff2b5213f882e606.jpg

They are cool looking bikes, saw them at Krazy Horse in Bury St Edmunds last weekend, seem so cheap there has to be a catch!

I was looking forward to these coming out. I do think they look good , seem well specced and they don’t feel at all cheap despite the price. However, that 450 single felt quite flat when I rode one , it didn’t feel that torquey or like it had got much punch. It also ran out of puff in every gear very quickly and only sounded good on the overrun. I sent spoke to another dealer who said they rarely sold one without doing a filter upgrade and remap .

Ive been looking for something small and light and also had a ride on the Vitpilen 401 and didn’t like that either , however I imagine that 701 is an altogether different beast.

I KNOW they are form before function but I can’t help liking them......having had a Fantic GT when I was 16 they also make me go all misty eyed, I’m a sucker for some Hipster marketing :D

Andres

I have one.....

Wow interesting comments. I have one of these, great bike. Very light at 145kgs and yes it can scramble. The quality of the finish is very good with some quality parts. There is no catch it’s just a great bike for the price.

Attachments

• 4E6FE679-CC8D-4915-B65B-D318E5269029.jpg
    4E6FE679-CC8D-4915-B65B-D318E5269029.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 1,662
I KNOW they are form before function but I can’t help liking them......having had a Fantic GT when I was 16 they also make me go all misty eyed, I’m a sucker for some Hipster marketing :D

Andres

I’m not sure they are form before function , it seemed like a nice little bike and some of the smart billet parts give it a quality feel well over its budget price but I was disappointed with the engine . However, it was a very brief thrash around an industrial estate for 5-10 mins not a proper test ride.

Now , what I have bought (and is being delivered next week) truly can be described as form over function in many ways but it brought a massive grin to my face and the engine is a lot stronger / punchier than the Cabellero. I reckon I’d have probably got more use out of the Fantic as it’s a pretty practical bike, but for me it just needs 20 bhp more power without adding any weight and 50% more torque much lower in range , then it would be a really great bike :thumb

Now , what I have bought (and is being delivered next week) truly can be described as form over function in many ways but it brought a massive grin to my face and the engine is a lot stronger / punchier than the Cabellero. :thumb

what have you ordered?

Wow interesting comments. I have one of these, great bike. Very light at 145kgs and yes it can scramble. The quality of the finish is very good with some quality parts. There is no catch it’s just a great bike for the price.

I’m not sure they are form before function , it seemed like a nice little bike and some of the smart billet parts give it a quality feel well over its budget price..............

Now , what I have bought (and is being delivered next week) truly can be described as form over function...................

Well, I stand corrected :) I read a review of one, when they first cam out, in Sideburn and to be fair they gave it a great review :thumb2
My fave, visualy, is the Flat Track styled one.....but............the one thing I HATE on them all is that front down pipe, what were they thinking!

what have you ordered?

Yeah, c'mon Rushy, stop being such a tease :D I'm guessing a 701 SM but that's probably just projecting my 'wants' onto you!

Andres

Yeah, c'mon Rushy, stop being such a tease :D I'm guessing a 701 SM but that's probably just projecting my 'wants' onto you!

Andres

Yes you truly are projecting. I was in a Husky dealer yesterday however and they hadn’t the new Blue and White Vitpilen and the new black / bronze coloured Svartpilen and they both looked fantastic . I’d go for the more upright riding position of the Svart.

Just put an offer in on a 2020 model in blue with 1000 miles on the clock.
He’s come back with a counter off but im not budging.
I give it a week :) (that’s him coming back to me, not the length of ownership)

Back
Top Bottom