1200 LC gear lever.

Biot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying and failing to get the little ball joint off my o/e gear lever as i need to transfer it over to my Wunderlicht adjustable one. Little bugger won't come out. Spoke to my local BMW shop and apparently this bit can't be bought separately!!!!
Any idea if I can get one somewhere?
Cheers.
(will attempt to heat up the one I've got and see if it comes out).

Trying and failing to get the little ball joint off my o/e gear lever as i need to transfer it over to my Wunderlicht adjustable one. Little bugger won't come out. Spoke to my local BMW shop and apparently this bit can't be bought separately!!!!
Any idea if I can get one somewhere?
Cheers.
(will attempt to heat up the one I've got and see if it comes out).

Not had a look at mine as i am late tonight, but sounds like a ball joint assembly.
A 90 degree rose joint with both male and female threads ( see RS components part no 348-9989 for an idea what i mean )
If so, the clip pulls out to separate the two bits, i will go and have a look at mine later if i get chance unless someone gets to theirs first.
D

Yes, clip is off. The part is fixed into the gear lever. You need to remove this and fit it on to the new lever.
This git thing.:D

Attachments

• IUIK8606.jpg
    IUIK8606.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 268
Typical. On the Wunderlicht one you need it:green gri

Red loctite is just one of the standard anaerobic adhesives. A little heat willdegrade it enough to crack it off. So yes, but it will still have a hold until you crack it.

D

right you dealer is a knob,that part is available seperatly,just looked on real oem

Back
Top Bottom