Translation help if possible please.

Attachments

• 1583838520480780828303864790738.jpg
    1583838520480780828303864790738.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 156
Used the go advanced button and add as an attachment with manage attachments button to upload it to the forum

e90efe38e5289bf05225c9daf0e6b285.png

Superb, thank you.

I'm puzzled. I was expecting "in ár gcroai" i.e. "in our hearts" - as previously mentioned
My old foclóir Gaeilge - Bearla (dictionary) was discarded long ago.
Does a shamrock discount the possibility it's Scots Gaelic?

I'd say it was a typo by the guy engraving the stone. If it was handwritten 'inár gcroí' so he left the space out and put an e instead of a c.

I was reluctant to say it .. but maybe it's an error.
I tried to solicit some expert advice but to no avail. "in ár croí" not "craoí as I mentioned earlier.
But hey... how many people are fortunate enough to get a plaque in their honour!

I was reluctant to say it .. but maybe it's an error.
I tried to solicit some expert advice but to no avail. "in ár croí" not "craoí as I mentioned earlier.
But hey... how many people are fortunate enough to get a plaque in their honour!

I think you're probably right. At a guess I would imagine mum wrote a phrase in English, I Google translated it then wrote it down for her and she passed it on to an English engraver.
Plenty of scope for error within all of that but I have an idea of the sentiment she was expressing so thank you again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom