Multi- bike policies.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My current broker Devitt's BMW Motorrad scheme does not go with having two bikes on one policy. They can only give me a separate mirror image policy of what I pay for the beemer £127.53 all in.
I have a 2003 R1150GSA & 2010 HD FLHTCU.

Any suggestions from fellow gentlemen who I should be looking at?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

BeMoto seem to be a good choice, thats who I'm currently with.

My 1200GS & XT660X are with Bemoto, £160 for GS &£45 for XT. you can message them on here and if you mention 44 teeth video channel you get a bit more discount. No charges for mid term changes.

Al.

I tried to add a second bike to my policy with Hastings Direct during the week, they wanted another £112 and increased my compulsory excess by another £100, all for only 8 moths cover, told them to ram it and got Carole Nash online for 12 months for less than a ton.

I called bemoto for a single bike quote and was quoted £244.

My current broker Devitt's BMW Motorrad scheme does not go with having two bikes on one policy. They can only give me a separate mirror image policy of what I pay for the beemer £127.53 all in.
I have a 2003 R1150GSA & 2010 HD FLHTCU.

Any suggestions from fellow gentlemen who I should be looking at?

Your BMW is insured through Devitt’s branded BMW scheme, dedicated to insuring BMW bikes. Your HD is not a BMW, so it cannot be added to the scheme. Had you bought a second BMW, no doubt it could have been added.

Did you ask the chimps at Devitt to offer you an alternative insurer that could insure your two bikes on one policy, rather than leave your BMW on the Motorrad policy and the HD on another, at a total cost (if I read you correctly) of £255.06 or £127.53 times two.

Is it the total premium for the two bikes that you are objecting to or, that it is they are not on the same policy or, both or, something else?

I have just been quoted £254 with BeMoto for their Titanium package on multi-bikes.
Bikes; 2002 R1150GSA & 2010 HD FLHTCU.
Rural area (CW5) with locked house garage.

Absolutely no difference in price from Devitt separate policies for the above bikes.
At least I can take one off the road for a while (BMW) during summer months to do high maintenance.

Patria o Muerte

Bikesure, new 1250 (Val 18k) plus r1100rt Inc euro recovery on the r1100rt £399:thumb

So, Bikesure it is for this multi-bike (2) full cover insurance but, without the trimmings at £205.80. Starting Apr 1st and my current BMW Motorrad policy with an expiry date of June 12th to be cancelled on Apr 1st.
As it may be, my current insurance broker will charge me £30 to cancel.
In reality I save maybe £25 but lose all the other benefits of helmet/clothing and other minor offerings which ‘Titanium or Rewards’ policies give.

As I have never made a claim since my first bike in the 70’s, the trimmings on a policy seem irrelevant claim wise for want of less than a full tank of fuel on the old GSA.

Patria o Muerte

Your BMW is insured through Devitt’s branded BMW scheme, dedicated to insuring BMW bikes. Your HD is not a BMW, so it cannot be added to the scheme. Had you bought a second BMW, no doubt it could have been added. ?

Correct.
They only insure BMW bikes on the branded scheme.
Had multiple BMW bikes insured with them under one policy for years.

Absolutely no difference in price from Devitt separate policies for the above bikes.

I'd suggest to explore separate policies if the price difference is not that high.

Back
Top Bottom