new tyres needed.

tailscookie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone recommend any good deals going on ,
prefer Michelin 4s or 5s.
thanks all.

If you want to save money and use an excellent sport touring tyre then forget Michelins and get a set of Avon Storm 3D XM. I use them on my R1200RS and they are popular with Hayabusa riders. Last pair were £190 fully fitted from Protyre in Gloucester. Work well in winter, really well in the Pyrenees and last well.

wes,had these may years ago on my b/king to be honest from memory they were very good,i will look into them.

Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs really suit the K16GT - great grip wet or dry, nice steering and 6,000 miles per set. No heavy duty version, the standard ones have quite a stiff chassis, absolutely rock stable flat out with passenger and luggage.

I was considering the Road 5 for my RT but sticking with the Metzeler Roadtec 01 HWM, amazing tyre, incredible grip both wet and dry.

I have the Avon's fitted to my K16. Much better than the Bridgestones I had fitted before.

Pretty much anything is better than the Bridgestones.
I would only recommend Dunlop Roadsmart 3 - and, after I put a few ore miles on them, maybe the Michelin Pilot Road 5 GT. The Dunlops have had the most consistent performance throughout the tire's lifespan out of anything I've ever tried, in 16 years, on any bike. I highly value that, as I hate tires that are amazing for the first 2000 miles, and then turn into various degrees of rubbish for the next 3000 - 5000 miles.
The Pilot Road 5 GT shows small improvements in handling, comfort, precision over the RS3, but if the wear is not as consistent and predictable - I will switch back to RS3s. Time will tell - in the meantime I have no reservations in recommending the Dunlops.

update,
purchased 5s,at £285 fitted
wheel house coleshil nr birmingham.
thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom