OMS Maps Questions

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's probably there bit I've searched this forum and Google and can't find the answers to my 3 questions.

I hope to travel to Morocco later this year and plan to used OMS maps rather than spending £74 on the Garmin download to my Nav V

So far I have worked out how to download the OMS onto Basecamp but not my Nav V (I'll sort that out later!)

Here are my 3 questions:-

1 Will the OMS appear as an app on my Nav V and would I simply open this app when I arrive in Morocco?

2 Can routes planned on my OMS Basecamp be imported easily onto my OMS Nav V app?

3 Do the Nav V give verbal directions when using OMS?

Many thanks

Mike

OMS? You mean Openstreetmap? As in http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ ?

Plug and play. They'll do everything on your Nav5 that Garmin maps will. However, not sure re verbals, I just read the display. I'd have thought that is down to the chip in your Nav5 but give it a try? It costs nowt!

1. When you have got the Open Street Maps onto your device, probably onto an SD card, then you'll be able to select them. Just remember to de-select the Garmin maps at the same time.... or the routing will go haywire

2. Yes

3. I have no idea as a I don't use sound on my GPS but I can see no reason why it shouldn't give the verbal instructions, too

Many thanks for the quick response

:blast:blast:blast:blast

Der......Was asking about OSM maps. Many thanks for putting me right

Sorry to be a pain, Wapping but I do not understand what you mean by:-

'Just remember to de-select the Garmin maps at the same time'

Cheers

Mike

No problem.

From memory....

Home screen

Spanner or whatever to ‘System’ or whatever it’s called

Then ‘Maps’

Then ‘Installed maps’

Then you should see the Garmin maps ticked and the OSM maps, unticked.

Untick everything and then tick the OSM maps.

Return to home screen and look at the map displayed.

You can download the maps via the site i posted a link to. You can download them either to your Nav5, if it has sufficient memory, or a memory card and then insert this into the gps unit. When you turn on the Nav5 check the Map Info icon and make sure the box for the maps (OSM generic routable) you downloaded is ticked.

Back
Top Bottom