BMW Scooters

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I asked Paul if we could have a new section for BMW Scooters as i am aware that a few of us have them and thought it may be a good idea to have somewhere to to post or get info

Ive just bought a a new C650 Sport in the HP Colours and am going to collect it tomorrow, Ive had a few scooters to bolster my bike collection these include
Honda Silverwing 600
Honda X-ADV Had it on test for 3 weeks
2 Vespa GTS 300s
Suzuki Burgman 400

Ill post a pic of the new beastie when I get it back
Rob

John believe it or not BMW actually threw one of them in with the deal
I asked them for a sat nav mount to be thrown in but got one of them instead !! they must have had one kicking around id say that they coudnt sell !!
Rob

Hi Rob, how's the new scooter? I'm interested to know how it compares to the X-ADV and Burgman 400 you had.

My only experience of big scooters was a C650GT which really suprised me with its performance.
I had it for 24 hours as a courtesy bike from Bowkers a couple of years ago.
It was great handling on A and B roads and went well on the motorway. Overtaking was swift enough and wind
protection was fine, as was comfort. It was the most comfortable riding positions I've experienced on two wheels.
The underseat luggage capacity was enough for two full face helmets. So with a top box fitted it would be a very
competent long distance bike for a fortnight away round Europe.

I was really quite taken with it until I took it back and asked the price. £10k for a scooter.:eek:
Having said that I can see me buying a GT one day providing I have a cull in my garage.:)
Hope you're enjoying your 650 Sport.:beerjug:

Hi Mate

It is quite the thing to be honest, I collected it in my van as really did not want to ride it back from Manchester to Romford in the lashing down of rain and have to spend all day today cleaning it
I did take it for a very quick spin yesterday when I got it back but only 5 miles or so, today went out and did about 70 miles and it is very comfi, for me more so than the X-adv as you can put your feet in 2 positions and they fit within the fairing, I found that on the X-Adv when my feet were stretched out they seemed to hang out a bit, the seat is better for me as it seems a bit more roomy, suspension wise it seems quite planted and compliant with good cornering and not spine jarring when going over bumps it is a scooter with little wheels at the end of the day so wont be like riding a magic carpet, I got the HP version which to be honest the screen is shite at best, I found that out on the little ride last night so fitted a a Givi screen spoiler and on the ride today seemed to be a whole lot better,
Heated seat and Grips work really well and I could feel the heat within a mile or so on my arse and the grips are standard BMW they are excellent
Its got 2 lockable glove boxes which are very handy, which the X-adv does not have and is a shame to be honest, Under seat is about the same I think from memory Ive got a big cable lock, and padlock. winter gloves, over trousers and jacket, Puncture repair kit, Nav holder, bag with some change in it and there is still a load of space, no problem with getting Mt Schuberth E1 with peak under there with the Flexcase down and another std full face lid up side down in front,

the jewel in its crown is the engine I know its only 6BHP more than the X-Adv but coupled to the CVT gearbox its superb from 0-100mph it pulls like a train, the X-Adv is not slow but this is quicker and with the CVT gearbox its got power at every stage of the game, your not waiting for it to change down to get maximum propulsion its instant, the way the X-Adv changes gear reminded me of a smart car and found myself getting frustrated waiting for it to change either up or down

That all said if the X-Adv had a CVT gearbox rather than the DCT I would have had one as I think they look as tough as fcuk and its a Honda not a Kymco in an Evening Dress and High heels although it has got a 3 year BMW warranty over the Honda's 2 and im sure we all know how decent BMW Warranty is !!

anyway heres a couple of pics of the we beastie Ive got the Rear rack, and Givi Trekka Dolomity top box on order should be here Wednesday, Akrapovic Exhaust should be here by next weekend but not really sure its the right thing to have on it ? Cameras front and rear with DVR underseat, HP Rim tape although Im thinking of doing the wheels white to match, Nightbreaker bulbs for headlights, Denali split hooters,

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0141.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0141.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 914
  • thumbnail_IMG_0140.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0140.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 805
Hi Rob, how's the new scooter? I'm interested to know how it compares to the X-ADV and Burgman 400 you had.

My only experience of big scooters was a C650GT which really suprised me with its performance.
I had it for 24 hours as a courtesy bike from Bowkers a couple of years ago.
It was great handling on A and B roads and went well on the motorway. Overtaking was swift enough and wind
protection was fine, as was comfort. It was the most comfortable riding positions I've experienced on two wheels.
The underseat luggage capacity was enough for two full face helmets. So with a top box fitted it would be a very
competent long distance bike for a fortnight away round Europe.

I was really quite taken with it until I took it back and asked the price. £10k for a scooter.:eek:
Having said that I can see me buying a GT one day providing I have a cull in my garage.:)
Hope you're enjoying your 650 Sport.:beerjug:

I've had the T-Max 530 and got a T-Max 500 and a BMW C650 Sport.

My thoughts are that the BMW is the best of the bunch. I don't know why but I didn't gel with the T-Max 530 so bought an older low mileage 500 which I like. However a few months ago I won the bid on a 17 reg very low mileage C650 Sport with minor cosmetic damage following an attempted theft.

It's a fantastic scooter so much so I'm going to sell my T-Max 500 when the weather improves.

It rides so much better than I ever thought a scooter could and goes very well to.

I was also looking for a T-max 530 as it also had all the bits and the electric screen, I went on a job and spoke to a guy who had just bought his 2nd one as first one was stolen and according to him he asked the the Yamaha salesman when to bring it in for its first service, the salesman's reply was "I doubt youll still have it by then, these are the most stolen scooters around " what a joke !! I did get an insurance quote for one after that and it was £200 more expensive than insuring my brand new Africa Twin Adventure Sports, so decided against that LOL

Rob

Hi Mate

It is quite the thing to be honest, I collected it in my van as really did not want to ride it back from Manchester to Romford in the lashing down of rain and have to spend all day today cleaning it
I did take it for a very quick spin yesterday when I got it back but only 5 miles or so, today went out and did about 70 miles and it is very comfi, for me more so than the X-adv as you can put your feet in 2 positions and they fit within the fairing, I found that on the X-Adv when my feet were stretched out they seemed to hang out a bit, the seat is better for me as it seems a bit more roomy, suspension wise it seems quite planted and compliant with good cornering and not spine jarring when going over bumps it is a scooter with little wheels at the end of the day so wont be like riding a magic carpet, I got the HP version which to be honest the screen is shite at best, I found that out on the little ride last night so fitted a a Givi screen spoiler and on the ride today seemed to be a whole lot better,
Heated seat and Grips work really well and I could feel the heat within a mile or so on my arse and the grips are standard BMW they are excellent
Its got 2 lockable glove boxes which are very handy, which the X-adv does not have and is a shame to be honest, Under seat is about the same I think from memory Ive got a big cable lock, and padlock. winter gloves, over trousers and jacket, Puncture repair kit, Nav holder, bag with some change in it and there is still a load of space, no problem with getting Mt Schuberth E1 with peak under there with the Flexcase down and another std full face lid up side down in front,

the jewel in its crown is the engine I know its only 6BHP more than the X-Adv but coupled to the CVT gearbox its superb from 0-100mph it pulls like a train, the X-Adv is not slow but this is quicker and with the CVT gearbox its got power at every stage of the game, your not waiting for it to change down to get maximum propulsion its instant, the way the X-Adv changes gear reminded me of a smart car and found myself getting frustrated waiting for it to change either up or down

That all said if the X-Adv had a CVT gearbox rather than the DCT I would have had one as I think they look as tough as fcuk and its a Honda not a Kymco in an Evening Dress and High heels although it has got a 3 year BMW warranty over the Honda's 2 and im sure we all know how decent BMW Warranty is !!

anyway heres a couple of pics of the we beastie Ive got the Rear rack, and Givi Trekka Dolomity top box on order should be here Wednesday, Akrapovic Exhaust should be here by next weekend but not really sure its the right thing to have on it ? Cameras front and rear with DVR underseat, HP Rim tape although Im thinking of doing the wheels white to match, Nightbreaker bulbs for headlights, Denali split hooters,

Rob

Wow! Bloody lovely.:thumb2

I was the same as you when I found it wasn't a BMW engine, but I haven't heard any bad reports
re engine durability so all is well.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0141.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0141.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 921
No Must admit they all seem to be very durable Engine wise to be honest but not heard anything too adverse, One guy had a problem with Timing chain tensioner but BMW replaced the complete engine that was about it

I assume that if you're calling the Berlin-assembled C650 a "Kymco in an evening dress" (inferring that only the engine determines the character of the machine), then you must be truly appalled by the 750GS/850GS/900XR that have Chinese-made Loncin engines.

No Must admit they all seem to be very durable Engine wise to be honest but not heard anything too adverse, One guy had a problem with Timing chain tensioner but BMW replaced the complete engine that was about it

This engine also does (did?) duty as the range-extended unit in the BMW i3 car - so it damn well ought to be reliable.

I assume that if you're calling the Berlin-assembled C650 a "Kymco in an evening dress" (inferring that only the engine determines the character of the machine), then you must be truly appalled by the 750GS/850GS/900XR that have Chinese-made Loncin engines.

Dont really care to be honest not while BMW are giving a unlimited mileage 3 year warranty and free 3 year European breakdown cover, if it breaks it goes back
Kymco in the UK only give a 2 year warranty, which seems strange !!

not sure how you got to me being appalled by saying its a Kymco in an evening dress, it is !! but one I chose to spend my £10K on, and to be honest that was a compliment, no I would not buy any of the above three bikes as they are of no interest to me at all, I have another 3 bikes which all do there jobs better than the above three but if I was looking at one of them I doubt it would bother me, as long as it had the BMW 3 year warranty.

All car and bike manufacturers share parts, if I was that appalled at that I would not own any !! :confused: :augie

I was also looking for a T-max 530 as it also had all the bits and the electric screen, I went on a job and spoke to a guy who had just bought his 2nd one as first one was stolen and according to him he asked the the Yamaha salesman when to bring it in for its first service, the salesman's reply was "I doubt youll still have it by then, these are the most stolen scooters around " what a joke !! I did get an insurance quote for one after that and it was £200 more expensive than insuring my brand new Africa Twin Adventure Sports, so decided against that LOL

Rob

Doesn't the 530 come with an electrically locking main stand and the all important Tracker App ?

Doesn't the 530 come with an electrically locking main stand and the all important Tracker App ?

Yes, the one I had came with these. I believe they only come on the higher spec models.

Why all bikes don't have locking centre stands is I believe a missed opportunity

Yes I believe those features are only on the DX model

I had a Mk1 T-Max and really enjoyed the whole ownership experience. I sold it to a mate on the proviso that if he ever decided to sell it, he would give me a shout. I never did get that call and the bike went up country :blast

Well with the Covid19 virus ive only managed to put about 200 miles on the scoot but a superb ride its been so far was really enjoying it till the bloody lock down !! fitted a DVR underseat with front and rear mini cameras just in case, and some funky BMW Motorrad rim stickers

That does look really cool.
Kymco in a dress? Why not, what says they're any sort of step downwards for BMW.

I haven't had a scoot for a good few years, I had a Piaggio X9 500 when they turned up years back and liked that for what it was. I should imagine this is out of this world compared to that :thumb

i had a C600 when they first came out in 2012 . It had a lot of problems and BMW bought it back . The newer ones are much better . I have a C Evolution Electric scooter and love it . I use a T max 500 all through the winter as the range gets hit by the cold weather . Build is great on the EVO all built in Munich . Love a big Scooter , so easy and yet fun and fast . Most people here don't get them , definitely the way forward

i had a C600 when they first came out in 2012 . It had a lot of problems and BMW bought it back . The newer ones are much better . I have a C Evolution Electric scooter and love it . I use a T max 500 all through the winter as the range gets hit by the cold weather . Build is great on the EVO all built in Munich . Love a big Scooter , so easy and yet fun and fast . Most people here don't get them , definitely the way forward

I love mine. It's great fun and surprisingly naughty

Back
Top Bottom