Shoei Neotec 2 questions

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am using a C3 standard at the mo and while in my ultra rare visit to a bike shop the other day tried on a Neotec 2... Oooh, very comfy and certainly felt the part... My question is the padding in ultra plush and as a previous Shoei owner x several, I tried the size I used to take which was a 59-60 or L... The Schuberth is also plush and I have a 58-59 which fits like a glove after bedding in... If you've had a Neotec 2 have you found the padding has given a bit with use or stayed pretty much as you bought it...? Also do you notice the weight or does it feel OK on longer runs...
The C3 has given a bit and that's why the fits so good but I also have an M1 in the same size which has a different design of padding and gives sweet FA which has been a pain as I have had to adjust it over its max to keep it comfy for any length of time...

Feedback most welcome...;)

I'm on my second Neotec 2. The fit and comfort has been really good and have not noticed any of the padding giving up on the older one i have. I don't have an issue with the weight (its probably only a few grammes between options) as i like the Shoei fit and the Neotec 2 is very quiet especially compared to the Neotec 1 I had.

Agree with Snarly. I use to have a C3, now on 2nd Neotec. I find the Shoei lining much better and far more durable than C3

I've had a Neotec for quite a while and I have been very happy with it. So much so that I splashed out on a Neotec 2 when M&P had a batch of Anthracite ones at £350 before Xmas.

as others have stated, the linings are comfy and very durable. I find the first thing to show wear is usually the webbing strap

if you find the helmet a little tight you can get thinner cheek pads. I had to do this with my first Shoei XR and negotiated the new cheek pads as freebie. Those cheek pads are now fitted to a 2nd XR helmet which shows their durability. That XR is only a reserve helmet as the Neotec is far superior and riding without a flip helmet now feels counter intuitive.

I don't find the extra 200g of the Neotec a problem and I do some quite long tours.

Just bought a Neotec 2 a few months ago, find it fine, also wear a C3 Pro. Find the Neotec very comfortable, upgraded from a Neotec 1, haven't noticed any weight difference

Thanks for the answers... The padding question was more about the wearing in period and how much a Neotec 2 gives... The 59-60 L felt great straight on as new and I don't want to splash out the cash only to find it goes slack. It seems a really good quality helmet and previous Shoei's have always exuded quality... I only changed away from them for a System 4 20 years ago and the flip front...

i have both the neotech 2 and the Schubert you mention. The Shoei is far away the better helmet. ALL helmets wear in the padding after time i would have thought. If you find the padding on the neotech wears and the lid is too loose, it is possible to replace the padding interior. So if purchasing new why not ask the dealer to sort the fatter padding out so you can try on,if a little tight when it wears it will be a great fit. If you purchase with the std padding in, when that wears you can replace the cheeks for the next size up .

Cheers... Good info... It seems to be as good a flip front as there is at the moment...😉

As DC says, there is a range of different lining thicknesses so you can really fine tune the fit.

I upgraded from the Neotec 1. I found the N2 was a fraction longer front to back. Switched to the next size up cheek pad and it's been perfect ever since. So I have the standard crown/head lining + the next size up of cheek pads.

As also mentioned, I think all the linings 'give' a little on settling in. How much will depend on how tight it is to start with.

I'm lead to believe that Shoei will allow the dealer to alter lining thicknesses at time of purchase free of charge. But that might only apply to the cheek pads. Mine were changed free

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks again... Great advice and the adjustment thing is a great service...👍

Thanks again... Great advice and the adjustment thing is a great service...��

Most decent Shoei retailers like ourselves should be able to custom fit a Neotec for you, so if you are worried about the padding becoming too loose over time then you can get slightly thicker padding if needed. That does apply to both the cheek pads and the top liner at the time of purchasing :)

+1 for Motocentral

Didn't get my N2 from them this time around but had lots of other gear over the years. Great service.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks againagain…:) TBH as a motor retail guy myself I have never wanted to indulge in the try on in shops and order online caper so I will buy one from a good Shoei dealer when next "south" from Shetland. Many years riding and many helmets and I really like the idea of the Shoei custom fit...:thumb

Extra question is has anyone ridden much with the visor pen as it's a designed in feature on the helmet... The old System helmets were Ok but I agree with the C3 etc not staying open... And yes, I know its " not allowed" on Schuberth etc...:blast

Thanks againagain…:) TBH as a motor retail guy myself I have never wanted to indulge in the try on in shops and order online caper so I will buy one from a good Shoei dealer when next "south" from Shetland. Many years riding and many helmets and I really like the idea of the Shoei custom fit...:thumb

Extra question is has anyone ridden much with the visor pen as it's a designed in feature on the helmet... The old System helmets were Ok but I agree with the C3 etc not staying open... And yes, I know its " not allowed" on Schuberth etc...:blast

Do you mean visor open or with chinbar up? Whichever, I do both.

On really hot days I ride with the visor open and the sun shield down, even if going at a decent speed. Just keep your mouth shut! The upper speed will depend on the bike ridden and the airflow in your face.

When riding around town, I sometimes have the chinbar raised. The Neotec 2 is certified to use as a P/J helmet so legal to use with chinbar up. This is the major difference compared to the original which did not have full P/J approval

Do you mean visor open or with chinbar up? Whichever, I do both.

On really hot days I ride with the visor open and the sun shield down, even if going at a decent speed. Just keep your mouth shut! The upper speed will depend on the bike ridden and the airflow in your face.

When riding around town, I sometimes have the chinbar raised. The Neotec 2 is certified to use as a P/J helmet so legal to use with chinbar up. This is the major difference compared to the original which did not have full P/J approval

I like that idea... I used to have the conversion kit on the System 4 and got used to open face riding... Do you notice much wind pull on the chinbar with it up..?

I like that idea... I used to have the conversion kit on the System 4 and got used to open face riding... Do you notice much wind pull on the chinbar with it up..?

Not a lot at legal speeds but I would not like to try it with my S1000XR in the upper rev ranges...

Thanks again... Good info... Sadly I'm not quite sthou speeds these days...😆 Back to oilhead up to a ton stuff...😂

Hi, Its a while since the last post on this but to add my twopence worth. I came to a Neotec 2 from a Arai Tour x4 . The Neo is a heavier helmet but less obtrusive than the Arai as I found on windy days the beak would catch even at reasonable speeds. Since moving to the Neo...no problem unless you ride with the chinguard up, then its a wind magnet also as someone else mentioned sunvisor down and keep your mouth closed....katchy no flies.
Also, beware of the flying kreatures that may be seeking refuge in your upflipped chin guard should you decide to pull it down on the move.

Size wise much happier with the Neo than the C3 I also tried on before purchase. Bought mine off a dealer as they matched the online shipped price and gave me somewhere to go back to should something ever go wrong. Since then been back to them to buy the dedicated comms kit which they fitted while I waited and also gave me a very competitive price too.
No issues over the last 18months with sizing and getting worn pads. Yes it moulds a little to your face but not loose in any sense.
Would be happy to recommend one... but try before you buy!

Hi, Its a while since the last post on this but to add my twopence worth. I came to a Neotec 2 from a Arai Tour x4 . The Neo is a heavier helmet but less obtrusive than the Arai as I found on windy days the beak would catch even at reasonable speeds. Since moving to the Neo...no problem unless you ride with the chinguard up, then its a wind magnet also as someone else mentioned sunvisor down and keep your mouth closed....katchy no flies.
Also, beware of the flying kreatures that may be seeking refuge in your upflipped chin guard should you decide to pull it down on the move.

Size wise much happier with the Neo than the C3 I also tried on before purchase. Bought mine off a dealer as they matched the online shipped price and gave me somewhere to go back to should something ever go wrong. Since then been back to them to buy the dedicated comms kit which they fitted while I waited and also gave me a very competitive price too.
No issues over the last 18months with sizing and getting worn pads. Yes it moulds a little to your face but not loose in any sense.
Would be happy to recommend one... but try before you buy!

Back
Top Bottom