Brake pads ?

Dermot.B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to replace my front and rear brake pads, the rear are low and the front have loads of meat left but are EBC FA209/2HH which I replaced the original pads with the last time I replaced the rear sourced from motor works in the UK and they feel like they are actually made from mahogany particularly when cold. Just wondering what you are using and where did you get them? Is there someone local where I can source a decent set other than Joe Duffy as I despise dealing with them.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I deal with joe Duffy all the time. I find them very good. I’m sure Kearys would send you a set. Contact Sadjim of this parish he will sort you out with a set. JJH

the last time I replaced the rear sourced from motor works in the UK and they feel like they are actually made from mahogany particularly.
Would love to know what mahogany brake pads feel like!

I was persuaded to try a set of SBS brake pads. They are a little bit more expensive than Ferrodo etc but the guy said that I would appreciate the difference. Well l’m not Barry Sheen and I thought brake pads are break pads but I gave them a try. I was amazed at how much better they were.
Not easy to get hold of - I got them from TechMoto in Sheffield, he does mail order.

EBC rear pads from Joe Duffy: €80.

EBC rear pads from Cotters: €18.

I suspect you could blind test multiple brands of front pads on my GS and I wouldn't notice the difference... :confused:

I suspect you could blind test multiple brands of front pads on my GS and I wouldn't notice the difference... :confused:
Jeesus H Christ......are they the same model brake pad??

That's a scandalous price difference if it's an identical pad.

from my G8 ThinQ

Was on to cottors today the EBC they have in stock are the same sintered HH as my own so they are ordering a front and rear set of Brembos for the GS be in next week, bingo.

Back
Top Bottom