Accommodation in Portsmouth or nearby.

Markyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys to ask but I've been on the usual trivago or booking.com for accommodation in Portsmouth that has secure bike parking.
Lots either have car parks nearby or the guesthouses ask to park in the streets nearby.

So lots on here must have stayed in portsmouth prior to their ferries so your advice will be appreciated.

Mark

Have stopped at Premier Inn North Harbour couple of times, handy for ferry.
Not secure but you can park close to reception, usually quite a few bikes parked up there.

Mark

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Portsmouth seems to have too few hotels so prices are often very high for what you get. £130 for the Travelodge by the port sometimes. Travelodge is okay if you can get it at a reasonable price i.e. no more than £50. Not secure but covered parking and they at least activate a barrier once the pub underneath has closed.

Ibis by the university has a secure car park, well a gated car park but again, it is often prohibitively expensive.

Bear in Havant is a cheap Greene King hotel with a car park at the rear. I've used this a couple of times.

For my forthcoming trip, I have booked https://www.lodgeatsolent.co.uk/ as it was available as a reward on the hotels.com website. Posher sister hotel next door. Seems much the same as most other chain hotels in the area in terms of parking. Just of the M27 J9 at Fareham West and only 15 minutes to the ferry.

Look along the A27 corridor to the east

Chichester to Pmth is do able in about 30 -45 mins depending on traffic nay be a lot cheaper

West from Sotton to Fareham is under smart motorway contrcution regs - 50mph specs all the way!!

10 mins from Fareham to the ferry terminal.

Heated grips will barely have had time to heat up. :thumb2

Attachments

• Fareham.jpg
    Fareham.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 197
Forgot about Royal Beach. Used it once. They do have a small car park at the rear including some undercover space but like the others, not what you would call secure. It's also very easy to find yourself blocked in. https://goo.gl/maps/WYu2g1n6cadEE5Wd7

Some very good restaurants a short walk to Osborne Road. The Mongolian Lamb in Noble House is excellent.

Forgot about Royal Beach. Used it once. They do have a small car park at the rear including some undercover space but like the others, not what you would call secure. It's also very easy to find yourself blocked in. https://goo.gl/maps/WYu2g1n6cadEE5Wd7

Some very good restaurants a short walk to Osborne Road. The Mongolian Lamb in Noble House is excellent.

The Best Western "Royal Beach" is Fine, would happily use again for sure, approx £60 per night in June, nice rooms, close to ferry, right on seafront, plenty of eateries around or eat in hotel, whats not to like:D easy to ensure not blocked in, parking at rear if you like but I didn't bother, felt bike secure enough at front, no need for breakfast as ate on ferry after early get away:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom