1998 Dyna Wide Glide value?

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've got the opportunity to buy this Dyna Wide Glide from a mate in California.

Now, I know fuck all about Harleys so has anyone an idea of a value for this thing?

It's a 1998 Evo with carb. It's low mileage, just been serviced, has new tyres and is in excellent condition although the engine chrome needs a good polish.

Attachments

• IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 620
Harleys in the US are much cheaper than UK bikes. On that basis with the £/$ rate I'd say between £4.5 to £6k.
AFAIK 1998 was the last year of the evo's before the twin cams came in to production. Because of that it would be
a good buy.

4.5 - 5k...

Not a time to be importing - with tariffs you can buy cheaper here,.

Unless you want to keep it US side..

Once the chrome has started to blemish and lift, it's too late to polish it.
You'll need to chemically de-plate it, vapour blast the cases and barrels then re-apply chrome.

I saw one locally change hands for 4.5K cash after advertising for 5.3K for a year.
That also had iffy chrome.
That sort of bike has to be utterly immaculate low miles to sell and bring decent money.
Unless its very cheap or you desperately want it, leave it alone.

4.5 - 5k...

Not a time to be importing - with tariffs you can buy cheaper here,.

Unless you want to keep it US side..

I don't need it stateside as I have access to a GS.

I could buy this for around £3k but after shipping, import duty etc it doesn't really seem worth the hassle.

I don't need it stateside as I have access to a GS.

I could buy this for around £3k but after shipping, import duty etc it doesn't really seem worth the hassle.

Not worth it - you could get a UK one for about the same if you factor in Duty etc....

It’s a brave man that rides a wide glide...

I recently sold a 97 evo with 13,000 miles on it. I had some marks from me sliding off it and it went for £4500. If I hadn’t of fallen off it I’d have expected £5200 to £5500. Not a huge market for evos as they only make just over 50 bhp as standard.

Attachments

• B9D5C9F2-07FB-42E0-888F-07FC837058FA.jpg
    B9D5C9F2-07FB-42E0-888F-07FC837058FA.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 384
You need to wait till the EU lift the anti Donald 25%

Back
Top Bottom