Scooters.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Aren't they great?
Why on earth everyone doesn't own one I have no idea.

They are also very useful touring machines, even in the 300cc bracket. But, whilst they are quick, comfortable, practical, frugal, stylish and cheap they still don't feel like motorcycles. Not a bad trade off though and My Forza 300, alongside my 883 Iron are the perfect couple :beerjug:

I have no idea

scooters-men-motorbikes-vagina.jpg

Nah. I have to keep it in, otherwise it'll scrape on the floor :D

Always like to hire a scooter on our holidays, we’ve done many miles on them including covering every nook of Antigua and here going inland during a visit to Goa

Attachments

• 7BA0C455-5869-4585-93D2-9E3BBD36DC0B.jpg
    7BA0C455-5869-4585-93D2-9E3BBD36DC0B.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 498

I am afraid that is exactly like the GS phrase.

"There are two sorts of bikers - those who have ridden a GS and know that they're great machines, and those that have not ridden a GS and know that they're crap".

The scooter slogan echoes sheer ignorance.

Had a vespa when i lived in Berlin, loved it....... In Italy on my GSA we were overtaken by a group of locals giving it large on their scooters. one of the guys was a huge lump but you had to admire the skills he had throwing that scooter around the bends

I am afraid that is exactly like the GS phrase.

"There are two sorts of bikers - those who have ridden a GS and know that they're great machines, and those that have not ridden a GS and know that they're crap".

The scooter slogan echoes sheer ignorance.

LOL Exactly:beerjug:

They are also very useful touring machines, even in the 300cc bracket. But, whilst they are quick, comfortable, practical, frugal, stylish and cheap they still don't feel like motorcycles. Not a bad trade off though and My Forza 300, alongside my 883 Iron are the perfect couple :beerjug:

The Forza is in pole position for my next buy, what do you love/hate about it?

The Forza is brilliant, especially if you upgrade to the Givi touring screen. Total comfort, lots of tech, easy to move around, good view ahead, proven engine, economical, very quick for a 300cc, feels more substantial than the Yamaha equivalent, just a really good package.

Don't like the typical scooter depreciation and the fact that it's a bit too much like driving a car, but it does handle long distances well. Makes an excellent tourer.

There are no "thrills" however - it just doesn't have that real motorcycle feel. Keep something else for that and you won't be disappointed.

There King in the city’s :okay I’ve had a scooter in the garage along side the weekend bikes for work commute duties for the last 15yrs.
Suzuki AN125 15000 miles
Honda Dylan 125 40000 miles
The latest Suzuki Burgman 400 only just acquired but it’s great fun

Attachments

• 4963D042-A715-4779-8C5C-C57CA12F42E4.jpeg
    4963D042-A715-4779-8C5C-C57CA12F42E4.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 427
Ringmaster999 said:
The latest Suzuki Burgman 400 only just acquired but it’s great fun

I see Sir has bought the Australian model........

I enjoyed having a 50cc for a year but would only get one again for commuting if I got another job.

I see Sir has bought the Australian model........

I enjoyed having a 50cc for a year but would only get one again for commuting if I got another job.

Bloody upside down pictures crack me up. It’s looks fine on my I pad :blast

LOL - full of people that can take a joke in here, eh? :D

What is the joke?

That only females should ride scooters?

That men who ride scooters are pussies?

Do you want to tell that joke to a 6' 2" scooter rider in the centre of Rome or Naples? Especially in Italian.......

If it's funny, you could choose to post it in the humour section.

To continue the non-serious chat about scooters, one could do worse than catch up with the Scooter Girls thread on Advrider. Very good professional-standard photography.

Bloody upside down pictures crack me up. It’s looks fine on my I pad :blast

Ever since I had a C650GT as a loaner I've been reading up on others big scooters.
I will eventually own one but there's not enough room in my garage unless I have
a cull. The 650GT is expensive and they've stopped making the 650 Burgman. So
may set my sights on a lower capacity scoot like yours, but was impressed with the
performance of the BMW and would hope it wouldn't dissapoint. I'm anticipating
there is a shortfall on oomf but how much I ask myself. A test ride beckons.:)

PS. I also sat on the Honda 750 scoot but found the seating position a bit cramped
and the footboards were only for bods with ballerina feet.

Back
Top Bottom