Alarm for 2018 SA-S from Ebay?

I *think* that is actually the same item as the KTM alarm. Pretty sure some people on Adv rider have fitted those.

Hi,

Sounds good, I'l look at the Orange CRush forum later.

I have to find the plug-and -play connector, don't see it yet under the seat and under the cover which is to rear of tank.... Any clues?

Hi, yes that is correct, I found it after removing the canister thing (fuel tank vent filter).... Thanks!

Sure this means a thief just has to "unplug" to "unplay" - about 3 seconds to rip seat off and another 3 to unplug....

...probably where all these alarms on ebay are coming from.

Alarm is mounted in a cradle fitted to the tail piece, which is not a 3 second job to remove. I had to change a plug on the lead that goes to a socket found in the RH side panel, and screw the seat alarm contact to both the seat and frame. I found the holes for the seat contact were not quite the same as the preformed holes on the seat.

I fished this 14-pin plug out from the back and I have an alarm on order....

I can see that getting to the rear compartment will take time, especially since there are Touratech pannier racks to strip first.... :-(

The seat lock key part can be prised out of the frame very easily and then the cable can be pulled with your fingers, so don't leave anything valuable under the seat. I did not think the seat reed switch would be needed until I saw this problem - it is needed - to set off the alarm if anyone removes the rear seat and tries to nick yer tools or whatever!

Attachments

• KTM Alarm Plug.JPG
    KTM Alarm Plug.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 97
Alarm installed and plug for seat switch eventually found - took a bit of finding! Was in RHS side panel, as mentioned by Moose!

What is interesting is that there is a cradle already provided under the tail cover so on this bike anyway no need to buy the fitting kit.

Thanks to all for advice.

Attachments

• KTM META DEF COM T.jpg
    KTM META DEF COM T.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 64

Back
Top Bottom