First! New Zumo XT. Is this the new Montana I was waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/679804

I really wanted to switch to a Garmin montana, but still wanted a unit with WiFi an bluetooth.
I really like the "profiles" on the Montana (switching settings on my 396 between road and off road is a bit of a pain) but I like the convenience of the data link on the phone with the 396.
I don't really use the satnav that much off the bike, so a lot of other features the Montana has are a bit lost on people like me.

Will the XT be a middle ground?

Yet another fucking cradle connector...

Discuss

:D

Damn, just when I didn’t want to spend any money!

3497da7c5b357d420cafa440758cd506.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i_Al52G6jh4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looking at the options it will start getting rather expensive when you start adding extra maps to it at £20 odd per year each .

I thought you were never going to touch Garmin again, once you’d had TomTom in your hand.....

The tomtom lasted about 3 months, before I crawled back to Garmin, tail between my legs.

I wonder if this one will have a power cable that can be disconnected. I assume it’ll be a different cradle to the last model 🤨

The price of progress. We will not see the like of the 595 again with its multifarious leads to support a wired intercom system. Bye, bye, forever. :fiddle

... and "good riddance too" will come the echo.

I’ll probably be getting one before summer but I’ll need to find a way to make my accountant believe I really need it for work 😀

I can’t see any map for £20 and as it comes with European maps I’m not sure what else we’d need?
Interesting (read:good) that the cable seems no longer captive.

I do like the look of this one: 5.5" screen & super bright display (umm, we'll see on that one).

I'm due a new gizmo too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom