Which Helinox camping chair?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I don't particularly like the little low ones as my bones are old, my body weak but are the taller ones too big/heavy by comparison to take on a motorcycle?

We bought a couple of the bigger high back ones for the bones reasons that you have. The little ones are a pain.
I had Jesse panniers on the bike and the two of them fitted in one box, plus loads of other stuff, no problem.

I’d say go for it.

As an aside, I was at The Adventure Bike Shop near Sudbury a week or so back and they had them in stock.

The bigger ones are not much different in weight or packed size, I need the back so I went for them and very pleased with the result. I was too heavy to get the cheap chines copies :blast

I used the cheapo camping alternative cw back and drink pocket for long enough. Fitted ok across the panniers. Then a cheapo Helinox knock off which is fine until it lost one of the rubber feet in the mud on the TT circuit.

I have a Helinox2 (high back) about to be put in the For Sale section if you’re interested?

Purchased new last summer remains unused £75 + postage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Helinox2 (high back) about to be put in the For Sale section if you’re interested?

Purchased new last summer remains unused £75 + postage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very kind of you but I think I'm going to gofor one of the Robens chairs.
Thank you again and GLWS.

Cheap copies at around £16 just as comfy and lasts for years.

Anyone know where to buy replacement rubber feet, I lost one in the mud last camping trip.

Cheers

Anyone know where to buy replacement rubber feet, I lost one in the mud last camping trip.

Cheers

Get 2 x @15” lengths of plastic Hep tube (or similar) cut two holes in each corresponding to where two legs are and viola, guaranteed to not sink into soft ground, like the ordinary feet and as a bonus, the tubes fit in the pack too

Here's a couple of the cheap Chinky ones; they are suppose to be good for 110kilos,had them a few years now and used them all over the place. Here's a picture of one earning its crust( but don't let her know i said that); they are very good value; comfy; light; and pack up tight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200306-192359.jpg
    Screenshot_20200306-192359.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_20200306-191826.jpg
    Screenshot_20200306-191826.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 359
Get 2 x @15” lengths of plastic Hep tube (or similar) cut two holes in each corresponding to where two legs are and viola, guaranteed to not sink into soft ground, like the ordinary feet and as a bonus, the tubes fit in the pack too

I also saw somewhere to use half tennis balls

Back
Top Bottom