New bike yesterday

dav.a

Reaction score
Got the new R9T yesterday from Motorrad Central, Dalkeith. A very very cold journey there on the Tiger but heated grips and seat did help. Bike was sparkling on arrival , fuelled and ready to go. Once the paperwork was completed the return journey began. Decided not to go via motorway to avoid steady speed, revs and gears etc so chose to meander Southish, Westish and Northish via Leadburn, Newmains, Strathaven, Dungavel, Irvine and back to Dunoon by ferry. 125 glorious miles on A and B class roads. Despite the sun appearing it was still cold and occasional patches of ice at the sides of the roads but nothing of great concern. Stopped once in Ardrossan for £15 of super unleaded. Bike was superb, handled, sounded and performed brilliantly despite being kept to 5k rev limit. 600 mile service booked in for a fortnight so I hope the snow and rain stays away. Gave it a wash and fitted a Pyramid hugger and Dart midnight tint screen just before SWMBO arrived home, phew- it came with these darling- honest ! Next comes bar end mirrors and I will need to find something to protect the paintwork without covering it up.

Roll on summer.

Attachments

• 20200305_154505.jpg
    20200305_154505.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 784
  • 20200305_154455.jpg
    20200305_154455.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 821
Bloody hell ..... I think i'd have cried getting that home in this weather .... :D

looks ace, they really are fun machines ,enjoy

Love the attention to detail. Matching the colours of the bike bike with the junk in the background. Genius!

Nice to see that it won't be a garage queen. Lovely bike.

Love that paint scheme, you need to sort a tail tidy pronto though, that back end is doing it no favours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advice taken. Evotech tail tidy ordered. I wasn't too sure but both my sons said the same thing. Cheers.

If it wasn't for that rear plate holder his back would be covered in shit however to the op check out the fancy bike thing and the Daedalus tail tidy, neither are cheap but really cool.

Back
Top Bottom