Back-up for password probs

daytripper!

Reaction score
I recently changed my account password with my BB supplier and it effected my ability to receive emails thru the Outlook 'platform' I have used for many years. The 'platform' is now fully operational again but during the 'repairs' I was warned that I could lose all the emails prior to the password reset. I tend to use emails as a major resource in personal and business transactions because it is compact and chronological. I have now realised the weakness of this approach as i came close to losing all my old emails and contacts. Does anybody know a quick way of listing the email addresses on Outlook, ideally in hardcopy format? :(

I recently changed my account password with my BB supplier and it effected my ability to receive emails thru the Outlook 'platform' I have used for many years. The 'platform' is now fully operational again but during the 'repairs' I was warned that I could lose all the emails prior to the password reset. I tend to use emails as a major resource in personal and business transactions because it is compact and chronological. I have now realised the weakness of this approach as i came close to losing all my old emails and contacts. Does anybody know a quick way of listing the email addresses on Outlook, ideally in hardcopy format? :(

I haven’t used it for sometime, but you used to be able to export your address book to a file,, I forget the file type, possibly.pst, I know that’s not a hard copy. If you can export it as a .csv that would be a more usable format.

Which version of Outlook? And do you know what the mail server is at the backend?

Which version of Outlook? And do you know what the mail server is at the backend?

Apols for tardy response! It is Outlook 2007. Have no idea what the mail server is at the backend?

I haven’t used it for sometime, but you used to be able to export your address book to a file,, I forget the file type, possibly.pst, I know that’s not a hard copy. If you can export it as a .csv that would be a more usable format.

Went into File then Import/Export, then selected Export to a file, then fainted as the next selection read: CSV(DOS), CSV(WINDOWS), Access 97-2003, Excel 97-2003, Personal Folder File (.pst),Tab separated Values (DOS) ditto Windows. Tempted to go with Excel 97-2003, but am mystified why it hasn't asked me what file I want to Export. How does it know I merely want to make a copy of every email address in my SENT BOX?
Aggghhhhh. Funny to think that in the 1970s I built an 8080 chipset computer from scratch and wrote all the software in Hex to control industrial plant. At least I knew exactly where every 'bit' of info was and could move / process it around as required! Many thanks in anticipation

firstly, if you export the wrong file type, nothing bad happens- you just wont be able to read it and will need to export again.
When exporting, it will export all items in each 'container' i.e. sent items, drafts, deleted items etc or all of them. Depends on the selection you make after selecting an export format. To make a backup Use the .PST format. Then play as you like. To export an address book, see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wURLGnvwr0&vl=en

You can import said file into the same folders in the new mail system. I don't think it will parse information in your sent items (1 container) and only export the addresses- it will export the entire message.

The emails etc you download from your supplier into Outlook should be unaffected when you change passwords, I regularly change passwords for my email accounts and it has no impact on anything. 'Mail' on my MAC handles Gmail, my work email address, and an old BT account all in one application, before then, I used Outlook on a Windows laptop for the same.

Back up everything automatically to a cloud account and you'll never lose anything.

Back
Top Bottom