Help required: Microsoft Office H&B 2016

Mallard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Previously I had MO on an annual subscription, but a couple of years ago I bit the bullet and bought a copy outright.

All was OK until the other Sunday when a full mug of tea found its way into the keyboard of my HP laptop. Bugger, I said.

Laptop went off to my local and reliable repair shop. Following inspection, it was deemed to be beyond economical repair although he did rescue the hard drive.

New Dell laptop purchased and most of my data transferred but no software.

I was advised that to transfer MO from one computer to another, I had to delete it from my old computer. I can’t do that because the old one is Kaput. As I try to install MO on my new computer it tells me that the product has been activated the permitted number of times already.

How can I delete MO from a computer that’s kaput?

Presumably the rescued HD was put into a cassette which was then connected to the new laptop. The fact that data was successfully trnsfrd suggest the HD is ok and readable. Am a luddite but presumably the MO software is also on the 'ext HD'. As such 1) is it recoverable by your local and reliable repair shop 2) MO (hoho) could argue that it lives on (ie it was not in the keyboard, ram, display etc of yr old laptop but in the HD which is now running ok attd to another computer. Probably all bollox but good luck!

Can't argue your logic. I'm not exactly a computer nerd myself. I did ask the repair man if it could be transferred but he said not the software

You should be able to go to your Microsoft account mate and delete the license from the dead computer in the account, then just reuse it on the new PC

https://login.live.com

Once logged in you should see your Office subscription and an option to deactivate it

After deactivating the Office subscription, you should be able to install it to a new PC.

Drop me a PM if you need any help.

Back
Top Bottom