690 SMC-R Supermoto

Cliffbase

Reaction score
Anyone have one?

Some silly deals on the 2019 model & look like a whole lot of fun.

Good points/bad points?

I fleetingly considered one but ruled it out as i only ever have one bike at a time and it just would not do all i needed

It does look to be huge fun though and will no doubt be a fantastic thing for sunday shenanigans

That's my thought. I have a 350 excf which is a complete weapon & lots of fun. I can only imagine that the single cylinder bigger 690 with road tyres would be a blast.

I bought a new one back in 2012. Put a full Akro system on it and oh, the sound, that motor.
After a couple of track days and about 1200 road miles I sold it.
Why? I felt I’d found the bike to ‘hurt myself’ on.

But I do miss it.

Had one as a loaner last year, surprisingly fast and amazingly agile, but such a narrow use profile, if I lived half way up an Alpine pass and had to commute over it every day it would be perfect - unfortunately I don't (live on a pass or need to commute over one)

If you think you have the right roads and use profile then go for it.

Anyone have one?

Some silly deals on the 2019 model & look like a whole lot of fun.

Good points/bad points?

Oh FFS, I only 'just' talked myself out of getting a 2019 701SM :blast

What sorta deals are you seeing on the 690 (asking for a friend............)?

Andres

I have a Husky 701 which is an absolute hoot on back roads on TKC80s. I can only imagine how good an SM would be, but I know I'd like one.

Oh FFS, I only 'just' talked myself out of getting a 2019 701SM :blast

What sorta deals are you seeing on the 690 (asking for a friend............)?

Andres

2k deposit, £59 a month, hand it back after 3 years! I wouldn't be worried about owning it, basically hiring it would be fine with me (although you do have the option to buy it at the end of the term).

Or if your friend prefers, a rough calculation is about £3.81 a day.........

Or.. about the same as 7 straight ciggies :augie

I gave up smoking 10 days ago so I should get one shouldn't I? I mean, it makes sense & if you do the maths -

Packet of 20 fags = £11ish quids x 7 = 690 SMC-R

Truth is, how often will I use it? Im supposed to be reducing the fleet, its another to insure etc...

Proper hooligan machine though & I can only imagine the grin hooning about on it!

Packet of 20 fags = £11ish quids x 7 = 690 SMC

£11 ish, :eek: kin'bloody ell'...I stopped the tabs 26 years ago as I couldn't afford them then. Give yourself a pat on the back, get the bike and then grow your own ;)

Anyone own one of these or the husky supermoto version, im reallly close to buying one new , will it last 2 mins?!

What extras would i need? Seat/akra?

Or do i just think f it and buy a superduke!

Back
Top Bottom