Another new bike........R9T/5

Martyn H

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've purchased this baby, as of 01/03, but cannot take delivery until my garage is freed up. I'm having some work done on the house, & currently my garage has a load of builders tools & materials in it. Popped in to the dealer yesterday just to stroke the tank, in a loving manner.........
It's a total tart of a bike, as it has no luggage carrying, & vestigial mud-guarding, but it's unlikely to get wet; my RT is a far better bet on wet, & cold, days.
I did spring for the twin-clocks, as opposed the single standard clock, & the accessory rocker box covers, reminiscent of the old R69 etc.
Hope to clear the garage Monday or Tuesday, then looking forward to warmer, drier weather.........

Attachments

• MYB 07.jpg
    MYB 07.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 808
  • New bike 02.jpg
    New bike 02.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 782
  • New bike 01.jpg
    New bike 01.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 766
I like that, nice homage to the previous DNA in a non-patronising way, very tasteful I feel.
Health to enjoy:beerjug:

Very nice Martyn.
I was looking at it today. Much better with twin clocks.
Are they tubeless wheels?
Are you keeping the 1200r ?

That retro deouble pin stripe's nice.

Congrats - I've never ridden one but people who own R9Ts really seem to love them.

I've never ridden one either...........
But I have owned & ridden several bikes with that engine, & I love my 1200R (same engine & gear-box) so I'm taking a punt on it.........:cool:

Very nice - enjoy :beerjug:

Not entirely sure on the cylinder covers but would be boring if we all liked the same thing - I did eventually succumb to buying the rev counter for my Scrambler as well :D

Nice bike, is that colour scheme standard from BM, I could not see on the website, very nice

Fantastic bikes them Martin, I had the original R9T, and these newer versions are even better. Enjoy .

I've only ever seen these in photos and have never been that impressed.....

Until I saw one at Bahnstormers last weekend - it really is a stunning looking bike.

Good choice.

Whilst killing time in lock-down, I perused a Wunderlich e-mail that they very kindly sent me.
Arguably the finishing touch.................

Attachments

• Wunderlich rear mudguard.jpg
    Wunderlich rear mudguard.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 428
  • Mudguard 2.jpg
    Mudguard 2.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 413
Great looking colour scheme,
i imagine you will have some farkles on it by the time we are out of this lockdown.
Enjoy the new bike,,

Great looking colour scheme,
i imagine you will have some farkles on it by the time we are out of this lockdown.
Enjoy the new bike,,
It was delivered to me the day before "the lock down" & I managed 15 miles or so that morning, after which it's been put away; so that's about £1,000 per mile.............:beerjug:

Actually, apart from the optional "retro rocker-covers" & the twin clocks I thought I had it how I wanted it.
But I think this mudguard has now become a "must have".................

Back
Top Bottom