Free Word Processor program

AdrianS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Don't use a word processing program that often so a bit reluctant to shell out for Microsoft Office.
Have been using WPS for the last year or 2 but it has become extremely slow - I am sure because they keep wanting me to upgrade to a paid up version.
Anyone have any suggestions for better Office programs compatible with Microsoft Office?

Heard and tried Open Office in the past - not heard of LibreOffice. Will have a look at that one!

If you have an permanent online connection Microsoft and Google online office is free to use.
What are you using it for as it could steer the way to the best option?

What version of windows are you using?

Might be able to sort you out with an older version of Office that is still very much usable

What version of windows are you using?

Might be able to sort you out with an older version of Office that is still very much usable

That's a nice gesture. I have excel and word 2003 and they still work fine with Windows 10. Compatibility with more modern file formats can be easily sorted.
Actually, I quite prefer the older versions to the newer ones..

I am running windows 10.
I was just after a basic word processing program and also want to open word docs sent to me. I write the odd letter, do the odd spreadsheet ( very rare ) and that's about it!
An old version of Office would be great as long as I can open new word files!

PM'd you - pretty sure 2003 opens current 'docx' formats and 'xlsx' with a MS compatibility pack

PM'd you - pretty sure 2003 opens current 'docx' formats and 'xlsx' with a MS compatibility pack

It does indeed - I have kept a copy of the file to do that and can send it if needed (IIRC it wasn't super straight forward to find, some of the links on the Microsoft pages I think were broken/out of date given the age of the software I guess..)

Back
Top Bottom