Motorcycling Jeans

PAL55

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking to get a pair of riding jeans for the summer, would appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers

Rokker Revolutions or Rokkertech depending on whether you want fully waterproof or not.

Look just like proper jeans, unbelievably strong, come with D30 armour and the waterproof ones really are truly waterproof. The aramid material is woven into the man fabric - so no need for a heavy aramid liner layer.

Downside.....very expensive!

Make yourself a cup of tea and sit down and watch this video:

https://www.motolegends.com/reviews/Single-layer-motorcycle-jeans-video-review

I’m a fan of Hornee Jeans (Australian)

Got a couple of pairs. Don’t be swayed by knee armour pockets - they will probably move clear in an off. Wear stocking-type knee armour.

Rokker Revolutions or Rokkertech depending on whether you want fully waterproof or not.

Look just like proper jeans, unbelievably strong, come with D30 armour and the waterproof ones really are truly waterproof. The aramid material is woven into the man fabric - so no need for a heavy aramid liner layer.

Downside.....very expensive!

Make yourself a cup of tea and sit down and watch this video:

https://www.motolegends.com/reviews/Single-layer-motorcycle-jeans-video-review
Really good video, it looks like single layer jeans are the way to go. Please keep the recommendations coming.

I have a pair of BMW Summer Pants ... for a few years now .. they are comfy, can zip off and make do for shorts and clean up well. Not too spenny ..nice and cool in the European heat .. I have the light fawn coloured ones.

I've got a pair of Hood navy jeans:

https://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/

Really well made, very comfortable on/off the bike....and well priced.

The folk that run the company are very helpful & the customer service is 1st class.

I have a pair of Klim k fifty one with full d30 knees hips coxixs and full cevlar lining that I have never worn
What size do you want

I have a pair of bull-it jeans.Really comfy and look off the bike.

Have a look at the Moto Legends website. They carry a decent variety and list the pros and cons quite well. The Rokker ones get a good write up. I bought a pair of Resurgence jeans last year and they were all day comfy in over 30 degree temperatures plus they’re single layer and have an impressive slide time. I’d recommend them.

I’ve got a pair of the waterproof Rokker jeans and they are absolutely 100% waterproof having extensively tested them around Scotland.

I’ve just replaced the D3O armour with the new D3O Ghost armour and you would hardly know they are armoured now. Expensive but great for touring. The waterproof ones don’t breathe as well as the standard ones if you’re going somewhere hot, but then you don’t need any overtrousers so it’s a toss up. I’ll be taking these to Spain in June.

I’ve got a pair of the waterproof Rokker jeans and they are absolutely 100% waterproof having extensively tested them around Scotland.

I’ve just replaced the D3O armour with the new D3O Ghost armour and you would hardly know they are armoured now. Expensive but great for touring. The waterproof ones don’t breathe as well as the standard ones if you’re going somewhere hot, but then you don’t need any overtrousers so it’s a toss up. I’ll be taking these to Spain in June.

I think I will go for a pair of Rokker Jeans or maybe the Chinos, I appreciate they are expensive but you get what you pay for, and they seem to get good reviews.

Do you think you will be taking your Rokker Jeans to Spain in June with the Coronavirus Pandemic?

We are going to wait and see or we may put it off until next year.

Scotland could be busy this summer!

I’ve got a pair of Resergence and a pair of Rokker revolutions.

The Rokker, although they look like jeans, aren’t jeans. They’re made of a waterproof fabric, and are very stiff. Good though.
The Resergence are much thicker. All day comfortable, and a good for, on and off the bike. I’ve not needed to wear my Rukka bike trousers this winter, as these have been fine (as lomg as it doesn’t rain much).

I wore mine through Spain and Portugal last year with no issues. I did get quite sweaty at times, but they were OK even when it was really hot. Of course, it didn't rain at all for the whole 2 weeks. I had more trouble with the Rukka Nivala jacket - that did get hot!

I now also have a pair of the Rokkertech jeans. These aren't waterproof but they do flow a lot of air, so better for the hot weather.

With the D30 Ghost armour, they also pack up small enough that you can take them as a second pair of bike trousers. And they look good for the evenings.

Hi, I have a pair of Resurgence Skinny selvedge bike jeans d30 armour included, they were £220, motoledgend were selling for £133 last week, in the sale plus 10% off. Urban rider selling for similar if you sign up I think you get 10% of first order too.

Lindstrands.
They have a fair range - mine are 'Cargo Mech'.

I can't tell you how protective they are but the black denim is thick and they feel and look really well made. I've had them 6 months, worn at least 3 days a week for 3 summer months. Long in the leg so they don't ride up on your boots when you sit on the bike. Super comfy, zip pocket on the right thigh ( away from paintwork ) for wallet or valuables, hip and rear pockets both sides- good and deep. I rode home in them from the shop and immediately phoned and bought the other 2 pairs they had in my size.

Good Luck choosing.

Excellent advice and agree 100% with Al

Jim

I’m a fan of Hornee Jeans (Australian)

Got a couple of pairs. Don’t be swayed by knee armour pockets - they will probably move clear in an off. Wear stocking-type knee armour.

We welcome all visitors these days with open.......face masks!!:beerjug:

Jim

Been visiting Scotland regularly over the last 20+ years, and for the last 4 or 5 years it has been extremely busy/ popular.

Back
Top Bottom