Cairngorms

Billy Buell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Four of us are having a quick tour of the cairngorm area at the end of may . We usually stay in static caravan or the like but have come across 'Valhalla bikers lodge'. Has anyone experienced this place and can advise wether good or bad or any other accomodation around that area. Ta.

Four of us are having a quick tour of the cairngorm area at the end of may . We usually stay in static caravan or the like but have come across 'Valhalla bikers lodge'. Has anyone experienced this place and can advise wether good or bad or any other accomodation around that area. Ta.

I've heard some good things about Valhalla Bikers Lodge... However, if you're looking at a quick tour of the Cairngorms, I'd be more likely to suggest somewhere a bit more central. Aviemore or Grantown, just so you're not having to take the same roads every day to get into the Cairngorms.

I've heard some good things about Valhalla Bikers Lodge... However, if you're looking at a quick tour of the Cairngorms, I'd be more likely to suggest somewhere a bit more central. Aviemore or Grantown, just so you're not having to take the same roads every day to get into the Cairngorms.

Thanks , good advice . I've been looking more central but not much luck. We seem to struggle every year. Maybe we are too tight :D May look at b&bs

I and five other friends stayed at the Speyside Resort (MacDonald Resorts Aviemore) at the end of January. Three bedroom lodge/house was £350 for two nights. I'm not sure what the rates would be during May though. Really decent digs... As well as parking at the front door.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think where that Valhalla place is just fine, Granton/Aviemore can be got at easily from where they are and back.

Thing with Aviemore is that it has accommodation for every budget, and it has an enviable pile of options for drinking and eating...probably the best in the Cairngorm area. Good pub grub in the Cairngorm hotel, upmarket pub grub in the Bridge Inn, all-you-can-eat Pizza in the Taverna, Steaks at the Skiing Doo, decent Curry house...
I often stay in the Bunkhouse (next to the Bridge Inn). Some of the B&B's are a bit over-priced.
https://www.aviemore-bunkhouse.com/
Having said that the Valhalla does look interesting :)

The Valhalla Bikers Lodge, or Log Cabin as it used to be, is not far from me, but to my shame I haven't visited it in it's new incarnation, but some friends from the BMW club have visited it and the club is organising a weekend there, as well as a lunch meet. The location is good....if you have to ride up the A93 twice to get into the Cairngorms....all the better! Equally you will be well placed for a run over Moulin Moor and either across into Lochaber or up to Aviemore or across to the west..Spean etc.

If you do go to Valhalla give me a shout and I'll pop over.

I'm favouring Valhalla at the moment i just need to get agreement from the others. It looks ideally located. Yes i'll let you know if we are going :thumb2

There's lots to experience in the Cairngorm national park. I've got some strange ideas/habits, one of which is taking pictures at every enrty point into Cairngorm national park, so far I have found 14 different entry points/roads into the park.
Hope you & your friends have a great time there.

Attachments

• CNP 10.jpg
    CNP 10.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 205
We were in the Cairngorms 3 weeks ago and it is a stunning area

Stayed at the Log Cabin, 15 years ago at a GS bash with Ronno, one December

There's lots to experience in the Cairngorm national park. I've got some strange ideas/habits, one of which is taking pictures at every enrty point into Cairngorm national park, so far I have found 14 different entry points/roads into the park.
Hope you & your friends have a great time there.

You must live 5 minutes away from that spot... That bike is way to clean!! haha

Everywhere is getting booked up and Valhalla didn't have the dates we wanted so i've booked an airbnb house at Ballater which looks like a good location.

Everywhere is getting booked up and Valhalla didn't have the dates we wanted so i've booked an airbnb house at Ballater which looks like a good location.
Any excuse to visit Royal Lochnagar? Haha. When you head to Aviemore from there, make sure you at least once, take the Lecht road (A939). You'll come round a corner and suddenly hit an incline towards the windy summit of the road... Absolutely breathtaking!

Any excuse to visit Royal Lochnagar? Haha. When you head to Aviemore from there, make sure you at least once, take the Lecht road (A939). You'll come round a corner and suddenly hit an incline towards the windy summit of the road... Absolutely breathtaking!

Thanks we'll do that and anyother suggestions of good roads in the area , but i guess most are pretty good anyway :thumb2

Just need to watch for camera vans on the main roads as weather warms up....I saw 2, about 3 miles apart on the A93 each side of The Cairnwell last year....felt obliged to drop in at the cafe in Braemar to warn a few bikers having tea and burgers that there were clearly safety issues on the road .....

The Valhalla Bikers Lodge, or Log Cabin as it used to be, is not far from me, but to my shame I haven't visited it in it's new incarnation, but some friends from the BMW club have visited it and the club is organising a weekend there, as well as a lunch meet. The location is good....if you have to ride up the A93 twice to get into the Cairngorms....all the better! Equally you will be well placed for a run over Moulin Moor and either across into Lochaber or up to Aviemore or across to the west..Spean etc.

If you do go to Valhalla give me a shout and I'll pop over.

You never say that when i am in Dunkeld ..

Bastard

Back
Top Bottom