Touratech fairing headlight HELP

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, know this is a bit of a long shot, but going to fit my touratwat fairing and headlights, does anyone have a wireing diagram for the zenon headlights please. Wireing/electrics is not my forte, in fact it's bloody mind field to me. Cheers in advance. Steve.

Btw, have been in touch with touratech, and there struggling to find a diagram. Hey ho.

Steve - Assuming it is this unit you have ?

The original Touratech brochure states: The lighting unit offers the latest long-lasting and stable lighting technology with Xenon headlight and DE dipped headlight

So for me that reads as one bulb does dipped beam and the other main beam . The OEM BMW headlight is an H4 bulb with a combined dipped and main beam bulb so all you need to do is take a feed for each of the Touratech lights - one from the dipped beam connector and the other from the main beam connector plus run an earth to each from the earth on the H4 connector . You may want to run the lives via a relay if the Touratech are larger wattage bulbs

Hi john, yes thats the one, have forwarded you a PDF that touratech sent me, but its not 100% clear exactly what to do. If you could make some sense of that would be brill. Cheers in advance.

Thanks crumbles, interesting read that, cheers.

Hi gents, finally got round to fitting this fairing and xenon lights, high beam works, but not the dip. Now call me thick, but I've never had xenon it's all new to me, but apart from plugging it in how do you know if a bulb is blown? All the wireing looks correct so will start with a bulb. Also, does anyone know the correct bulb code, as the one in there, an H3, has been cut about and made to fit and doesn't look right for the job? Cheers steve.

Hi gents, finally got round to fitting this fairing and xenon lights, high beam works, but not the dip. Now call me thick, but I've never had xenon it's all new to me, but apart from plugging it in how do you know if a bulb is blown? All the wireing looks correct so will start with a bulb. Also, does anyone know the correct bulb code, as the one in there, an H3, has been cut about and made to fit and doesn't look right for the job? Cheers steve.

Hi Steve,

Are these HID? if so you could swop the ballast units over to see if it is the bulb or defective ballast?

Nathan

Hi Nathan, going to look into swapping the ballasts over, did consider it before but they have different plugs/connectors just got to get my head round them. You wouldn't know what type of bulb fits low beam by any chance ? They are definitely different to one another. Electrics not my strong point, lol. Cheers Steve

Hi Neil, if only I knew how to post pictures, told you I was dense.
On the high beam, it's more complicated than low beam, looks like a 3pin plug arrangement into the bulb connecter, where as on low beam(not functioning)is separate wires. I'm not sure if this is original ? The back of the lens holder/bulb hole orifice is recessed 26mm, anyone know of a HID bulb that size diameter and I'll drop one in.

Hi, does anyone know the wireing in the headlight, and there colours? I've got, white, brown, and green and blue. Which one is dip, which is high, etc. Cheers Steve

Steve - here are the OEM Wiring details :

E9010 - Headlight
E9011 - Low Beam Headlight
E9012 - High Beam Headlight
E9015 - Side Light

BL - Blue
BR - Brown
GN - Green
WS - White
GE - Yellow
GR - Grey
SW - Black

So Low beam is White and Brown , High beam is Green/Blue/Yellow and side light is Grey/Black and Brown

Cheers John, great big thank you. Going to try and attempt this on my own. I took the ballast etc off the bike and put it on a battery, and hey presto it lit up. So now I know the problem has got to be between the dip switch and the ballast. Fingers crossed. Thanks again steve.

RESULT, admittedly I didn't do it. I had started, but then had other vehicle issues, and my son's mate our mechano turned up, who normally doesnt touch other people's bikes, saw all these wires and his little eyes lit up, sorted. Thanks for all the replies

Back
Top Bottom