Centre Stand Question

SuperTed

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am hoping someone may be able to help with a sensible answer.
What is the difference in height between the 800GS centre stand and the 650/700?
I have an 800 which I have lowered by about an inch and it has made getting it onto the standard centre stand very difficult, as well as lifting it very high.
I am wondering if the 650/700 stand would work without interfering with anything.
Thanks in advance.

By way of suggestion - look up the ground clearance for the F800, the F700 and the F650 and compare to the ground clearance on your lowered bike.

If your sidestand is still the original length it would be the only possible interference issue that comes to mind. In the folded up position it might contact a shorter centerstand.

We have the same issue on my wife's lowered f650gs. The side stand has been modified, but not the centre stand.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I fitted the Hyperpro -35mm springs back and front on my 2014 800GS and standing on the centre stand arm and lifting the pannier frame I was able to get it on the stand (without loaded luggage). BUT, when I added preload the rear shock would still extend making it difficult to balance the bike when a pillion climbed aboard. I fitted the Touratech -50mm ESA shock which has a shorter travel and then couldn't lift it onto the centre stand. BMW don't do a shorter one so I put the wheels on different thicknesses of wood until I could lift it onto the stand and still have the rear wheel far enough off the ground. This turned out to be exactly 1 inch, so I got a local fabricator to remove 1 inch from the stand. The only slight problem I have now is that the arm of the stand is tucked up slightly behind the pillion footpeg making it difficult to get my boot onto. If I ever return it to normal I'll "just" buy a new standard centre stand.

Back
Top Bottom