Ducati Sevice cost

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been a while since I had a bike serviced by a garage but the wifes Scrambler needs a belt change and service, been quoted £369 including vat which seems pretty good.

Is this roughly the going rate would do it myself but she wants it done properly, don't know what she means..

Cheers

I would not get too focussed on the belts, it's a quick job and they're not too expensive.

I'd be more wary of the valve clearance check - if they need adjusting (shims) that's a far more time consuming consideration. Does your quote include any valve work?

I would say that sounds about right for that particular bike , On a normal Desmo service valves are checked when the belts are done.
The cost for Multi belt service is over twice that...

Cheers all it's at Moto Rapido Winchester, the bikes only done a couple of thousand miles so hopefully all should be fine....have also had a quote from local indy at £400 which I May choose just as it's just round the corner and not hour or so away...As with all things prices all over the place ranging up to 600 notes...

Cheers all

I’ve just paid £930. For an 18k service for a Multistrada 950. Parts total came to £255. The belts were £91. This was at a main dealer with a “ special winter rate”. Normal price seems to be around £1200. So I’d say your quote sounds pretty good.

I’ve just paid £930. For an 18k service for a Multistrada 950. Parts total came to £255. The belts were £91. This was at a main dealer with a “ special winter rate”. Normal price seems to be around £1200. So I’d say your quote sounds pretty good.

£1200?

Is the Latte good too ??

Cheers all it's at Moto Rapido Winchester, the bikes only done a couple of thousand miles so hopefully all should be fine....have also had a quote from local indy at £400 which I May choose just as it's just round the corner and not hour or so away...As with all things prices all over the place ranging up to 600 notes...

Cheers all

I was going to let Moto Rapido recommission my 888 SP5 (which included the full Desmo service) right up to the point when the Service Manager said that tuning the carbs on the 888 can be tricky :blast

Snells at Alton got the job :thumb

I should CoCo

Never paid more for than £400 for a GS, even the 24k one
THats because heating oil and bog roll for filters are cheap at the moment and the valve clearance tolerance is give or take an inch :D

I seem to recall that the cost estimate for the XR 18K service was similar price and that was a few years ago now

Valve adjustment on Ducati used to be more expensive until one day the powers that be decided the closers didn't have to be zero clearance any more and they were ok to flap about. Took a lot of time out of the job.

When i was looking at an ST3,

Moto Rapido were the local dealer who had done all the servicing work on the bike.

Not sure if it applies to other models, but the Dealer belt change for the ST3 also includes checking and tightening the clutch basket / crankshaft bolt, as they had (have) a habit of working loose

it was around £400 for the belt change - every 2 years

Not sure if it applies to other models, but the Dealer belt change for the ST3 also includes checking and tightening the clutch basket / crankshaft bolt, as they had (have) a habit of working loose

And hopefully checking the belt tensioning pulleys too, they have a habit of wearing out!

Back
Top Bottom